Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A Blast from the Past: Dionzi Through the Ages & Current WIPs

Started by Inquisitor Dionzi, October 28, 2012, 06:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Dionzi

So :)  Dionzi has been a work in progress for ... almost 15 years.  I'm starting work on the new armatures so I can make the new sculpt, but that said:

Above: From Left to Right - Dark Angels Thunder Hammer Trooper Dionzi (1997-1999); Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Dionzi (2000-2004); Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (Exiled Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord)(2004-2006); Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord Dionzi (Reinstated)(2006-present)

Above: Based on Abaddon the Despoiler, his left hand is Nagash's with a hack-job Rhino searchlight as the Thunder-hammer head, right arm is a shield made from the hilt of a letter opener shaped like and epee. Gimme a break, I was 13-14 y/o!

Above: Based on 2nd Edition Terminator Librarian. Left hand's hammer is several WHFB weapon hilts put together with the head made from a portion of a Tau battlesuit weapon.  Right hand weapon is two Tau weapons slapped together with a SM scope, two bolter clips, and a portion of a heavy bolter belt. The entirety of the hands were sculpted by yours truly.

The third Dionzi in line is the original 54mm-scale conversion based on Artemis. This version of Dio appeared in the May 2004 edition of White Dwarf Magazine's Canadian Supplement. Not that anyone at GW remembers or cares any more, but they had invited me to send a fresh sculpt to them (in 2004) of Dionzi so they could assess it for GW production.  Adam Troke, Gav Fry, Adrian Smith, Jes Goodwin and Paul Sawyer were all people I spoke to regularly at this point, and Jes and Adrian gave me some suggestions for refining my technique. Adrian told me what he envisioned the =I= in his painting to be - his story, etc. Adam pitched in on Dionzi's rules and warband.

I started the fresh sculpt of Dionzi in May 2006. I stopped in September 2006 because he'd grown WAY out of proportion, but at least the detail on the mini is awesome!

I'll be posting developments on the 5th Edition of Dionzi in this thread.
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Kaludram

If he grew to Artemis size maybe he should be a Space Marine.  The sculpt looks good.
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Inquisitor Dionzi

Well, initially he was a space marine - of the Dark Angels Chapter, actually. But I used the Artemis mini as the base for my =I= mini because it was a good size from which to learn to sculpt, and I've always liked the Deathwatch - even more than the Grey Knights. That said, I adjusted his BG to account for his extra mass - he's from a high-gravity world settled during the Dark Age of Technology, and the planet required that its human settlers receive genetic engineering to survive on its surface and in the light of its class A primary star and the class G secondary star in the binary system. Being from the ruling family of the sector, his physiology is highly advanced. That said, he's been through hell! I don't know how many people here remember the "Weapon of the Gods 1 & 2" stories IC RP Campaigns, but...yeah. *Heh*
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Inquisitor Dionzi

Hiya. So I've got an update on this mini:

Feedback?
SKYFALL MINIATURES

greenstuff_gav

just poking around Dionzi's hosting package; not directly posting images for some raisin!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Koval

Inquisitor Dionzi

Yeah. Trying to get this fixed. It suddenly went pear-shaped this spring, and I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it since. I'm no webby-type :(
SKYFALL MINIATURES

greenstuff_gav

apparently me either; once you've got the address in the top bar, hit enter; it's not allowing any form of linking!

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Dionzi

I've got a tech ticket submitted to my webhost. Hopefully this will get resolved soon!
SKYFALL MINIATURES

greenstuff_gav

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Dionzi

Yap :)
Please let me know if you're having issues seeing the pics as soon as you can so I can update my tech tickets :)
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Inquisitor Dionzi

SKYFALL MINIATURES

Inquisitor Dionzi

New mashup of photos, updates from the last couple days:

SKYFALL MINIATURES

Lord Varrys

Oh, great stuff! What is the really high by this figure? About 60-62 mm?
I like the dinamic on the move.
Ho, ho, ho. Spiders are comming!
http://www.varysmodel.moonfruit.com