Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New warband

Started by butchyboy73, December 19, 2012, 09:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchyboy73

My first (and only) warband, Hannus Pellen of the Ordo Hereticus, Ortolf Biraumer, Imperial Preacher and the Brothers Jochutz, hired guns
http://s1254.beta.photobucket.com/user/butchyboy73/media/INQ28/ArbitesTrooperDargath_zpsb4b4b3a2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/butchyboy73/media/INQ28/InterrogatorHannusPelen_zpse10742aa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1&_suid=135590761613805431712809881123

sorry, not quite figured out how to put photos on the site yet

Keravin

To post photos use the IMG code on photobucket.

MarcoSkoll

There's some good painting here - kudos on putting in the effort to paint stripes and checks (although I'm not so sure about the combination of colours on Hector. Bright green and blue alongside lurid orange may need some more thought).

Modelling wise though, it's a shame you've not really taken much opportunity to give them the uniqueness Inquisitor characters can have. Other than Hannus, they all look stock (or pretty much stock) to my eyes, which makes it hard for me to see the model as, say, Arbites Trooper Dargath rather than any old Necromunda enforcer.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Hadriel Caine

Great stuff. Img tags are basically putting [ IMG] and [ /img] (remove the spaces after the first square bracket) around the url for the picture. Its easy enough on photobucket as Keravin suggests as they create code which you can copy and paste into the thread.

I really like the use of the Macharius miniature- i've been meaning to use him as a base model for years. I actually really like the garish nature of the minis. They'll stand out on a drab 'grimdark' table.

I echo Marco's comments about the use of stock minis but its not a complete no-no in my experience. Particualrly if you are using rarer minis.

A very good start so welcome to the P&M forum. Whats next?

A.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

butchyboy73

Thanks Hadriel for putting the photo on the site. Much appreciated  :)

That's a fair point about the stock figures but to be honest, they are one of the reasons I got into INQ28. I had the spare figures lying around and wanted to use them for something but not Necromunda. So, after finally joining a wargaming club and finding a couple of folk interested in playing INQ28, I cobbled together this warband as a starter warband. The Arbites figure is one of two that I'm painting up to be used as NPC's. I have various other bits'n'bobs knocking about and lots of ideas to make other characters and I have one or two other figures I'm working on.

The colour schemes are meant to be quite garish. When I first painted them up, they were, I thought, quite boring. In fact, the Brothers Jochutz looked like they were wearing jeans and cowboy boots!! :o  and that would never do  ;) So I re-painted them in a way that reflects their background. The Brothers Jochutz are a pair of guns for hire who are marginal criminals who have rather high opinions of themselves and their abilities and absolutely no dress sense hence the garish nature of their dress.  ::)

At the moment they will do for learning the ropes as, just like many people on here, I'm working on lots of other stuff, an IG Drop Troop army, Raven Guard Space Marines etc as well as Dr Who figures for my nephew  :)  hoping to get him into wargaming too  :)

Next up will be a bit of background on these characters and the campaign they are taking part in.

Oh, by the way Hadriel, the Genestealers mission was a starter game to try out the rules. It was great fun, we have some pretty good terrain at the club and the mission took place in some very dank sewers. We flushed out ( no pun intended  :D ) some members of the cult in our mission to get a DNA sample of pure strain genestealer. No easy task and, just when things were getting a bit sticky, a Deathwatch Squad teleported in and saved the bacon of both warbands. Great stuff  :) :)

Hadriel Caine

Sounds great fun- I love those sort of games.

Credit where credit is due; Keravin embedded the image for you. I've editted my post so its clearer... its difficult to show people how to place images because the coding confuses the website into thinking there are images... if that makes sense.

I find inq28 is a great excuse to use all the 28mm minis I randomly buy because I want to paint them.
The Fall of Astraea

butchyboy73

Ooops!!  ::) apologies Keravin and thank you for posting my pic  :D

butchyboy73

Sorted!!

Hannus Pellen

Hempel Jochutz, mercenary

Hector Jochutz, mercenary

Ortolf Biraumer, Imperial Preacher

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: butchyboy73 on December 19, 2012, 12:51:00 PMThat's a fair point about the stock figures but to be honest, they are one of the reasons I got into INQ28. I had the spare figures lying around and wanted to use them for something but not Necromunda.
I know that excuse - "That's a model I want to use, but don't have another excuse for" drives almost all of my 28mm Inquisitor purchases. Still, it is often only a head swap or some extra paraphernalia to do something to make a model a bit more unique.

Even in cases where I've really liked the base model, I've done something - or often a lot, as I have a talent for deceptively complex conversions (frequently involving completely redoing a model's hair).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

butchyboy73

Some figures I've been working on over the holiday period (when I've not been painting Batman and Robin and an Auton patrol from Dr Who and the Terror of the Autons  ;D gotta keep it diverse)
Firtsly, a Rogue Trader based on the pilot from the Battle for Macragge set. I really like the figure, particularly the large pistol he's waving around. I'm thinking to make him ex-Imperial Navy who found himself serving, through an accident, on a Rogue Traders ship. This Rogue Trader takes a shine to him and bequeth's his ship and Rogue Trader licence to this chap, Pantilimon Bunchuk. Because he's ex-Navy he eschews wearing the garish, gaudy cothing of traditional Rogue Trades and, instead, tends to favour quasi-naval garb.

The next figure is also ex-military. He's a bounty hunter with a strong military background and access to military hardware. He's been kitbashed from various Cadian parts and a pair of SM Scout legs. Still deciding the colour scheme but it'll either be dark grey or very dark blue clothing with black armour.

front view

rear view

as ever C&C welcome,
cheers.
ps. hope you all had a very nice Christmas  ;)

Covenant

I like the old school laspistol on the RT!
Would look even better if you could get a bend in the elbow to point it forward as it still looks a bit like he's dragging that heavy box behind him. You could maybe give him a digi weapon or two as well.
Nice colours on him too.

Hadriel Caine

Very cool. Combining scouts and Chadians always looks great. I love the pilot mini too- he's actually getting quite expensive these days! They look the business and prove your ability to convert beyond doubt :)
The Fall of Astraea