Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Thorn

Started by Radu Lykan, October 30, 2012, 05:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaglen

Looking forward to more of this thread.
on a side note, what arms are they? josef's?

Covenant

I'm waiting with baited breath as well. I like the gloves!

Radu Lykan

cheers, were annoying to get hold of but got there in the end

right, epic fail on the modelling front last night as my little girl was ill
once she went to sleep i did manage a quick bit of pinning and magnetising but nothing pic worthy.
i also did a bit of fiddling around with other bits and have decided this character will not only have magnetised glaive ends (swappable with chain blades) but will also have the ability to remove the powerfists and glaive entirely to be replaced with a shotgun.
the back pack and head will also be removable to give the shotgun wielder access to a chainsword. am currently thinking of the versions as different characters but also like the idea of young, present and old? what are peoples thoughts on this?
in an effort to get this bloke finished i did manage to stop myself from ordering the bits to make the fire in the braziers actually light up but was sorely tempted as i ordered some flexible resin chains from zinge industries for a new mutant character

Hadriel Caine

I for one am a huge fan of different versions of the same character. I've done Ketzok 4 times now and am working on a 28mm version!
If you can get away with using magnets to change equipment/ time frame then I'm all for it. Always good for customisation and it requires less chopping up later if you pick up something else during a campaign!

The LEDs in the braziers would be very cool. But maybe a little OTT. I certainly wouldn't fork out for it. Though I'd love to see it.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Radu Lykan

i started working on inquisitor thorn again. the magnetising idea hit me again,  this lead to me playing with giving him the judges shotgun. as i was dry fitting the pieces it became clear the judges shotgun wasnt long enough with the upper arms where they were so i swapped in the larger shotgun. he still needs some greenstuffing to attach the gloves to the robes properly
am currently thinking that this is a younger version of inquisitor thorn, possibly when he was an acolyte. just need to make him a new backpack with scabbard for chainsword, do a bit of gs and this version of him will be complete

while i was fiddling with thorn and waiting for glue to dry i picked up my crypt horrors set and started testing out some other characters.
this guy Quator Kaid will be an escaped mutant slave who has lots of issues with one of my inquisitors and in his spare time is the leader of the Unleashed, a movement among mutants who believe they should have equal rights and wont let anybody get in the way of that.

this guy obviously needs a lot of work, i want him to be taller for a start as the head kindve looks down due to neck and body model so some longer legs would be great, any suggestions?
i need to find a decent looking scifi claw with blades/needle attachments for his right hand, preferably already pointing.
once those bits are sorted its just a lot of greenstuffing to give him patches of scaly skin.

with this guy i am not yet sure of his back ground, and i think it will remain a mystery to the inquisitor he hangs around with but its either a mutant/beastman/alien hybrid/abhuman type thing which brings up the question, why is he with an inquisitor? as part of his unusual biological make up he is gifted/cursed with the pariah gene.

this will need a lot of work to bring it into something approaching a scifi setting although i am considering leaving him very basic with manacles and giving him some sort of handler?

this is going to be an arco flaggellant, it had an "accident" in a battle against traitorous marines and spawn and should probably have died but his controlling inquisitor wouldnt let him get away with his crimes that easily

main question here is should i add a third smaller wheel or just keep it at two?

got this chain to use on the mutant leader, its rubber chain with a thin wire running through it for better posability, bits for scale

Covenant

I reckon you should try to get hold of a third, smaller wheel. See if you can get a small motor as well it could be the drive and steering wheel.

Kaludram

Quote from: Radu Lykan on December 21, 2012, 09:53:37 AM
i need to find a decent looking scifi claw with blades/needle attachments for his right hand, preferably already pointing.
once those bits are sorted its just a lot of greenstuffing to give him patches of scaly skin.

Have you considered the lightning claw hand from Abaddon or Huron Blackheart?  Not pointing, but definitely cool if you can find them loose.  (Hard to justify buying the $20 mini just for the hand.)

Otherwise, Zinge Industries does the "Ramshackle Mechanical Claw" in a couple of variations.  I've never worked with them, but have considered them for other conversions I haven't had time to work on yet.  They look like they have cool potential for the odd mutant leader.  :)

Good luck
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Radu Lykan on December 21, 2012, 09:53:37 AMlarger shotgun.
resin?
Quote from: Radu Lykan on December 21, 2012, 09:53:37 AMlarger shotgun. i need to find a decent looking scifi claw with blades/needle attachments for his right hand, preferably already pointing.
i may have a spare Talos Claw (bottom right inset) for trade?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Radu Lykan

covenant- am currently thinking a small tracked unit? still need to find some actual bits to build the engine/seat, once this is done it will become clearer what he needs

kaludram- i perhaps wasnt clear enough(in hindsight not at all :) ), i think i am aiming for something that could represent a galthite lacerator or something else equally dangerous looking, not a lighning claw though

green stuff gav- that is a nice bit but i want him to be pointing and that looks like it would cover his whole hand.
yep, once the dry fit didnt look completely workable i cast the bits so as not to waste them if it didnt work

Covenant

Quote from: Radu Lykan on December 22, 2012, 03:34:58 PM
covenant- am currently thinking a small tracked unit? still need to find some actual bits to build the engine/seat, once this is done it will become clearer what he needs

A track will be cool too, it could have the engine integrated if you can find the right bits.  You could have wires from the bod to the hubs of the large wheels to represent drum brakes. That way he could use the front wheels to steer and the rear track or wheel could be fixed and wouldn't need to pivot.