Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Carrying cases

Started by Tullio, September 19, 2009, 01:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tullio

Since I can't get hold of Army Transport any more (Why there are no stockists in the UK I'll never know  >:( ), I'm looking for another brand of case. Does anyone know any good brands? Ideally I need something that's easy to walk with and easily customisable for storing my 40K Astartes and/or my burgeoning collection of 54mm stuff.

Thanks in advance

Tullio

Ynek

I've always been an avid user of bubblewrap, styrofoam peanuts and open-cell foam lined cardboard boxes in a plastic bag, personally.

And to be honest, I still think it's the safest (and more importantly - the cheapest) method.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

RobSkib

Maplin do a great range of carry cases;
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=case&source=15&menul1=1610

I personally use the Flight Case ( http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=36796 ) except I got it on the cheap for £20, and it can fit about 30-40 INQ-scale models quite comfortably, as it contains lots of foamy cuboids that you can rip out and create your own holes, great if you want to carry around odd-shaped models such as tanks or daemon princes. For Inquisitor gamers who need to carry around lots of models, it's possibly the best thing I've come across.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: RobSkib on September 19, 2009, 02:15:35 PMMaplin do a great range of carry cases.
I should note that half price offers on their carry cases are a pretty regular occurrence, coming round every few months or so. Unless you're truly desperate, it's probably worth waiting for a deal to come around.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Tessio Niri

I currently use a maplins flight case for all my =][= models. I have 21 models in there at the minute including 4 space marine size models and theres still rooms for a few more. I agree with Marcoskoll, offers on these cases are a regular occurance so if you're not desperate for one just play the waiting games and you should get one at a good price.

T
"There is but one God and his name is the Omnissiah. How his hunger extinguishes that light of the stars." Magos Belion Tygrosa

precinctomega

I got to have a good look at a KR Multicase this week and was pretty impressed by its carrying capacity and robustness, given its price.

http://www.krmulticase.co.uk/krmulticasestandarduk.html

I long to have the money to invest in a Battle Foam custom case:

http://www.battlefoam.com/

R.

Tullio

Whew, that's given me a lot to think about - thanks for your responses guys! Precinct, what was the KR Multicase like? Was it the aluminium one advertised on thier site?

Tullio

greenstuff_gav

the KR are ok.. but their Pick and Pluck trays are *useless*  :P

lets hope Figures In Comfort get a decent supplier (their mail order is worse than shocking!).. if you visit a show and they're there, that's Well Spent Money
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Hadriel Caine

the cases from battlefoam look incredible. I had no idea they did army specific foam. that is awesome news.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

precinctomega

Yeah, but the postage from the US is shocking.

I saw the cardboard KR cases - budget stylee.  I was very impressed.

R.

greenstuff_gav

i bought a few KR in their sale, as my last FiC order took 9 months to arrive, and was pleasantly surprised.. good quality trays, the cardboard cases are really durable, the lil man-bag thingy they sit in is well made and doesn't make you look like a plonker.. just the double depth pick and pluck tray i ordered for a Vendetta is pure unabridged rubbish :P
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Tullio

Battlefoam is waay out of the question. So pricey! I rather like the look of the KR alumimum cases, for thier price it doesn't look too bad. Their site is ... convoluted frankly but at least they're UK based (Can't tell I'm annoyed about US companies at all, can you?)

Tullio

precinctomega

If you want to buy from KR, by far the best solution is to call them.  The guy who runs it is apparently really helpful and knows his own products inside and out and will happily advise you on the right ones to get.

R.