Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm models and modelling resources

Started by Kaled, August 02, 2009, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cj68

hi i've just got hold of a box of 1/32 scale airfix u.s. infantry (europe)
the shop called frome model centre the boxes are limited 

TJ-Flames

And how is the airfix models?
post some pics for size comparison.

cj68

when i finish i'l put some up. I had a chat with greenstuffgav and showed him we put his 54mm against my 1/32 and there about 1mm hight differance

TJ-Flames

That's perfect, can always slightly lengthen/shorten limbs for variety.

psycho

Right so having searched for hours through the list of Suppliers i can only find 4 minis that suit the style im after....IM looking for 302/402 gangster style minis...and can only find the Untouchables sets...which are being discontinued soon anyways...anyone else know of any more?

kerby

Dullmohawk

Anyone of you lads who know where I can get a 54mm model of a french 1700-ish nobleman? Something in the ikes of this fine fellow: http://www.americanrevolution.org/clothing/frenchfashion24.jpg

I'm looking for a suitably foppish-looking miniature to base my foppish-looking rouge trader on... I've been through the sites posted here, but no dice.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arcadiansmugglers/photos/album/906840101/pic/list  <--- Bits to trade? Check out my Arcadian Smuggler Album!

Shannow

Just having a look for bits and realised that privateer press do a bits service, which is great for the different bits of Warmachine warjacks, in particular the Cryx warjack fists look great for any chaos orientated large power fist, but lots of other good stuff too...

https://store.privateerpress.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=48

NB: F*** that, unbelievable shipping prices from the US,,,80+ dollars which makes very little sense given a box of four models from an ebay seller earlier cost 8 dollars...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

I can understand why we might not want it as a sticky thread (too many gets cluttered fast), but could my guide on miniature photography perhaps get a link somewhere in the top post so it's easier for people to find when they want to link it?

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=201.0
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Done.  If anyone else has something to add, let me know.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

JoelMcKickass

Has Pizzaro gotten rid of alot of it's old stuff?

All i can see is 4 models...

Kaled

From the Pizarro website...

QuotePizarro Miniaturas has released a new online store for convenience and higher performance. Over the next few days we will upload all our figures so you can buy. During this process, you can place your order by sending a message to our direction pedidos@pizarrominiaturas.com.

RobSkib

http://www.devilstarminiatures.com/

Don't know if anyone's picked this up before. There's only two available currently, but I'm sure they will grow with time. The models are also available on ebay, here and here.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

I've updated the list with a couple of manufacturers that have recently been brought to my attention.

Plus I have a question - has anyone got any Nemrod miniatures?  They have a couple I was planning to buy but thought I'd see if anyone has any experience with them before I hand over my cash... 

MarcoSkoll

A heads up for you guys. The place I bought brass rod from recently sent through a newsletter today (although I'm fairly sure I told them not to) which says they've got free shipping until the end of May if you use the voucher code FREESHIP at checkout.

So, if you need brass rod for armatures or pinning, they do twenty-five 12" lengths of 1/32" brass rod for under £7, which is a fraction of what I've seen it at in other places - most companies charge you a fiver for just ten lengths.

They also have other interesting/useful things in the scratch building section, just not all of them quite such a good deal, so do check prices first.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Another heads up. Heresy Miniatures has a sale on.

Many good things in their monsters section for the diabolically minded GM...

GW's =I= articles