Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm models and modelling resources

Started by Kaled, August 02, 2009, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 07, 2010, 11:21:56 AMMaplin have a half price offer on one of their aluminium cases until 23rd Feb, making it a pretty reasonable £15 (before postage)
As a further bonus to this, an e-mail has just arrived telling me that Maplin are also offering free postage from their online store until 5pm Monday.

If you want such a case, now seems to be a very good time for it.

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Sumaki

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 12, 2010, 06:37:26 PM
Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 07, 2010, 11:21:56 AMMaplin have a half price offer on one of their aluminium cases until 23rd Feb, making it a pretty reasonable £15 (before postage)
As a further bonus to this, an e-mail has just arrived telling me that Maplin are also offering free postage from their online store until 5pm Monday.

If you want such a case, now seems to be a very good time for it.

I got one, extremely happy with it, just got to sort out some foam trays, no more bits of tissue paper and cardboard boxes for IGT!!!

Gestalt

Have Bits and Kits UK gone out of business?
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Flinty

I placed an order with no problems a couple of weeks ago - ''fancy'' new website and he now carries foam borard - so I hope not!
Neanderthal and Proud!

Gestalt

Has the address changed as I am just getting a broken link?
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Flinty

Neanderthal and Proud!

Kaled

I've updated the list with the new address for Bits & Kits - if anyone spots any more broken links then let me know and I'll fix them.

Also, if anyone knows of any manufacturers/suppliers worthy of being included, post them here and I'll add them to the front page.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Shannow

Just citing Artemis Black's as an interesting source of models, mainly 28's but the odd larger scale model that is really different, worth a browse I think anyway, particularly the Dark Age stuff.

http://www.artemisblacks.com/index.shtml

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Shannow

Apologies for the double post, but I was just bumbling around ebay and found this seller:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fenris-Games_SciFi-scenery_W0QQ_fsubZ1041049013QQ_sidZ55776203QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Who has a nice range of 40mm bases as well as some nice looking sci-fi scenery that I think would fit in inquisitor well. Particularly like the bulk head doors, though perhaps a wee bit small.

Anyway just thought for the scenery making inclined it might be a useful(ish) resource

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Andr1231

Hey, new to posting (although I've been lurking for a couple of weeks). Since I didn't see it on the list, I ust thought I would recommend Victrix 54mm British Napoleonic Peninsular Infantry Flank Companies - they are multi-pose hard plastic, and actually a tad larger than the GW inquisitor figures. Make really good cannon fodder with good plastic conversion opportunities.
- Andrew

gwrulz

Jump packs

http://www.golden-throne.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=289283&sid=59a489cd06cc6f54d7fd8f4a6fcd8e3c

You may want to pull apart artemis' backpack and add the turbines.  But it is a resin so easy enough!
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

Kaled

Are they not a bit small to turn Artemis's backpack into a jump pack?  They might work as alternate nozzles though...

Kaled

I've added a list of retrospectives to the list - if I've missed any, drop me a PM and I'll update the list.

- Dave

GAZKUL

Does anyone know where i can find 54mm Samurai
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

Kaled

Quite a few companies have 54mm samurai - have you looked at Andrea or Pegaso?