Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm models and modelling resources

Started by Kaled, August 02, 2009, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggreengribbly

So long as it's no grand state secret, I don't suppose anyone could help with what figure Kaled used for his second incarnation before I start harassing the man himself with PM's  ;D

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/kaled100/kaled_mk2.jpg

DapperAnarchist

Wyatt Earp, I think... from Andrea or one of those...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

biggreengribbly

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on July 13, 2011, 05:40:50 PM
Wyatt Earp, I think... from Andrea or one of those...

Score. Cheers. Between the language barrier and the variety in the range, I find their site damned intimidating, I'd probably never have found it myself .

Flinty

QuoteI find their site damned intimidating

If you're UK based, Historex Agents (under suppliers on the first page) are a good store with a wide range of manufactures minatures and excellent customer service- highly recommended.
Neanderthal and Proud!

biggreengribbly

Quote from: Flinty on July 14, 2011, 09:41:58 PM
QuoteI find their site damned intimidating

If you're UK based, Historex Agents (under suppliers on the first page) are a good store with a wide range of manufactures minatures and excellent customer service- highly recommended.

It's kinda embarassing, as usual, once I sat down and actually tried to navigate it, I felt quite the idiot for complaining about it  :'(

MarcoSkoll

Old news to some of you by now I'm sure, but as it appears not to have been posted on the 'clave yet, the 54mm Eolith range has moved to War Griffon Miniatures and is slowly being re-released, apparently with the intention of adding to it.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MrMasochist

@ big green gribbly.    The andrea site has a small english flag in the top left hand corner of their site which translates it for you.   makes it much easier.   just fyi.
To live in such times is to be one of untold billions...

Lucidum

Does http://femmemilitant.com still exist? I keep seeing the gorgeous 40mm models reportedly from that site (designed and sculpted by GW's own John Blanche no less), but I can't access the website itself at all. Does anyone have any info on this or where else to get the models?

Mordenkenain

errm, couldn't see anywhere else to put this, and I didn't want to start a whole new topic, but, I was building some 40k chaos daemons earlier and noticed that bloodletter arms are quite close scale wise and horror arms are nigh on perfect, I'm gonna be using some for a dark eldar model.

Hope this helps
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

DapperAnarchist

Yeah, a lot of 28mm arms are so out of scale as to be actually in the scale above, like the Space Marine hands (perfect size for slightly smaller hands, say on a female model), or Ork arms (actually a bit too big for 54mm sometimes!)

Kaled

I've recreated this list over on Carthax;
http://carthax.wikispaces.com/Modelling+Resources

I know there are some updates that need to be made, so if you spot any then please update the Wiki.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

TallulahBelle

for using as a base for conversions how are tamiya's 1:35 models and weapons packs?

DapperAnarchist

Tamiya's weapon packs for their historical minis are TINY. Seriously. They're in real proportion, but real guns are small in proportion to the body compared to the chunky massive thundering blaster cannons that 40K characters carry around the place. The only Tamiya weapon I was able to convert to use was a .30 or .50 calibre machine gun from a WWII German armoured car, that I snipped off the still narrow barrel from and just used the cooling and reciever parts (at least thats what I think they were).

TallulahBelle

I more meant the figures in 1:35 because thats about right scalewise right?

MarcoSkoll

1:35 will be a little small, particularly given their slighter builds than GW's models. 1:35 isn't unusable, but you'll have to tolerate them being short statured and slightly weedy people - be that just their luck or the racial traits of their planet.

1:32 is a better match.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles