Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm models and modelling resources

Started by Kaled, August 02, 2009, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Blake

I have posted an intro, if the comment was aimed at me?

I looked at the Playmobile site recently, but was after a couple of galleys for an Ottoman Turk project, so didn't really think about SF stuff. They do a space orientated range though, which might have all kinds of useful stuff. I will take a look (if no one else is going to?) and report back.

Kaled

Quote from: Mike Blake on April 07, 2012, 09:49:06 AM
I have posted an intro, if the comment was aimed at me?
You have? I must have missed it - where did you post it?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Mike Blake

Dooh! Joined another forum at the same time - did it there! Will rectify.

Mike Blake

I will post this quick list here, no doubt it will be moved if deemed appropriate to a different thread. All the Products are worth a look too, of course, not just the obvious ones like Space, as many vehicles and structures could be adapted for use with 54mm (I have done it!).

Playmobile Items with 54mm Potential
http://www.playmobil.co.uk
Accessories (ie items available individually outside of sets)
6209 Extension for Barn with Silo (5119) (includes a nice silo)
6208 Barn Fencing
6210 Water Trailer
6213 Vehicle Shed (open structure with multiple uses)
6248 Ranger's Lookout Post (hay trough, small fir tree and a seated look-out tower)
7917 Animal Shelter (simple plank structure, thatch (?) roof
7937 Tree House (really – lots of scope!)
4243 Pharaoh's Temple
7280 Construction Site Signs
6216 Treasure Chests with Jewels
6214 Western Windmill  water pump
6215 Western Water Tower (it works! )
7857 Western Goldmine (rockface, mine entrance, narrow guage rail and ore truck)
6218 (Pirates) Large Barrel
7855 (Knights ) weaving / pottery market stall
4232 Animal Trailer (long trailer with bars and wheels)
6208 Barn Fencing
7292 Garden Fence
7476 Zoo Enclosure (circular transparent)
7477 Railings For 5302 Grande Mansion (includes opening gate; metal fencing between stone columns and on stone base)
7900 Paddock Fencing
7242 Construction Trailer (Towed Caravan)
4280 Backyard (loggia fencing – ideal generic cover/obstacle to line of sight)

Dullmohawk

Hasslefree also has a few crates and barrels in their accessories-section, look for resin terrain bits...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arcadiansmugglers/photos/album/906840101/pic/list  <--- Bits to trade? Check out my Arcadian Smuggler Album!

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Kaled on April 07, 2012, 09:06:18 AM
That's good to know about the Playmobil website? Has anyone browsed through it? What other useful stuff do they sell? I think in the past someone has mentioned using their ladders,,.
That was probably me. On the whole the playmobil range is larger than would really work well with 54mm - their older buildings especially, but the newer ones are much better scaled. Importantly though a lot of the vehicles and accessories that work just great - while the seats in the vehicles look a tad big for the scale, the vehicles as a whole look "heroically-scaled".

You have to register to view the online store, but all you get is 1 newsletter of new releases maybe once every other month, so no spam.

The Windmill and Water Tower from the Western range are both rather attractive at £13 and £17 respectively - considering their both a foot tall.

Price varies across the range from "pretty reasonable" to "eek".
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Mike Blake

I know what you mean by 'eek' but have you looked at the GW and Forge Wold prices for larger pieces????  ;) Against that background they seem a whole lot more reasonable IMHO.

We use the Mine, Jungle Temple, Dock/Jail and the rope bridge (which has a 'defective' central plank, which is great fun. We make the crosser roll a D6 and move that many planks - if they end up on 'the' plank, they need to pass a Dexterity/Agility roll  to save themselves!).

Shannow

Has anybody dealt with Kellerkind miniatures? Specifically the 54mm armatures they sell, as I've been using the ones for sale on Historex (which are fantastic) but these are better value for money even with a bit of exorbitant shipping.

Also before you ask, I am hopeless at making my own hence buying them:P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Lacerto

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk have got a modest sale (25%) on at the moment on some of their ranges provided the figures are in stock. Smog and Mauser Earth stuff from Smartmax are included in the sale (just shy of 54 mm). Freebooter's Fate are also included; I think they're a bit smaller, but they have a couple of gribblies. The rest of the lines in the offer are 28 mm or less.

You need to enter code WAREHOUSE-MOVE on checkout before 30th of July 2012 at midnight (GMT). Had my eye on the Smartmax range for a while so tempted...

Inquisitor Dionzi

Hi All,

I'm now beginning to take pre-orders for both Skivvy (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1581.0) and Shaiyleigh (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1479.0): I have the vac chamber, I just need to get funds for the silicone rubber and resin.  The weapons packs (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2019.0) are still in development, but I am receiving considerable support from this community, and I hope to soon have two, perhaps all three ready to go soon!

I'm offering one free mini or one free weapon-pack to the people who place orders between now and the end of August: For now, I'm thinking Skivvy at 8GBP, Shaiyleigh at 14GBP, and weapons packs at 8GBP. The free mini/weapon pack will be at the choice of the customer (duplicate or summat different). This is for 2 reasons: one, the Conclave community has supported me for so long that I want to give something back; two, I am asking for money up front (for now), and I want to give something back to the people who help get this project up off the ground, both financially and in faith. As I get manufacturing materials stockpiled, I plan to increase the size of weapons packs (from 3 weapons to 6 weapons for 8 quid), but for now, this is what I can do.

I am also accepting custom orders for self-made minis!

So, anyway, I thought you'd like to know, and feel free to contact me either through PM here or via e-mail (dionzi[at]skyfallminiatures.com)

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Dio
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Mordenkenain

I wasn't really sure where to post this, so here goes;

Does anyone know anywhere that has the Yedharo miniatures' Virgo model in stock, I can't seem to find it anywhere
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

Hadriel Caine

Wasn't quite sure where to post this but FAO everyone Draconia is churning out some NICE stuff at the moment:

http://www.aresmythologic.com/v2/es/dark-world/103-dw-02-vampire-hunter.html

http://www.aresmythologic.com/v2/es/dark-world/105-dw-03-christin.html

The second mini in particular is tempting. I do need a new 54mm warband...
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Charax

Oooh, just ordered a trio of Draconia models based on that picture. My all-girl warband is on its way to completion. Or starting.
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Rick

I don't know if anyone's already mentioned them, but some of the Hasslefree miniatures' CAD guns would be ideal for 54mm figs - I'll be using the 'number 10' as a drum-fed automatic shotgun and 'number 12' as an autogun. They size up really well beside the mini's and are very detailed.

Knobby2

A company i found through my new independant id knight models.

cant find the link, they do 70mm marvel, and 28mm batman games, but the croc and bane figures are the right size for inquisitor, picked me one of each up today, and both are awesome :D