Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm models and modelling resources

Started by Kaled, August 02, 2009, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

i've just bought some lamp posts + Gramaphones from Plus Model from my local hobby shop... quite nice really :D

EDIT: Scale Pic
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

MonSTeR

http://www.ragingheroes.com/

I don't know if folks have seen these or not, but I thought I'd post the website link up.

DapperAnarchist

Interesting models there from Raging Heroes... The twisting thorn sword would be great as a Daemon weapon, and I like the Minion/Molossus pair - like a psychotic mutant version of Blaster Master...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Kaled

I'll add that one to the list - there's some very nice models there and by the sounds of it there may be some sci-fi ones to come...

RobSkib

Good find and some great miniatures, I can see that 'Musician' going on my christmas list - Slaaneshi MasterBlaster anyone?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Just a brief musing... when the showcases were originally proposed, there were quite a few more proposed categories than ever made it to fruition.

Is it perhaps not time to implement some of these categories? The oversight of a showcase for character classes as popular as the Imperial Guard seems quite a large one.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

I've held back from making them because I thought Gav would get round to it, if he's too busy then I don't mind stepping in...
                                     +++++++

greenstuff_gav

sorry, work, life and all that jazz  ???
i can start the threads if someone else can find me the links to official minis ala the other ones?

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Certainly.

I think these are the shortest possible URLs, and all of the models not yet covered (and which GW still produce*) I don't know how you want them grouped, so I've kept them only in their basic categories.

*Might be possible to chase after pictures of the OOP models, but I've not done so.

Imperial Guard:
Major Jaxon
Sgt. Dorian Black
Sgt. Stone

Arbites:
Arbites Judge
Enforcer Barbaretta

Assassins:
Callidus
Eversor
Devout Twins

Rogue Traders:
Duke Von Castellan

Assorted Imperial Servants:
Preacher Josef
Navis Nobilitai
Devotee Malicant

Renegades:
Bounty Hunter
Slick Devlan

Mutants:
Quovandius

Xenos:
Eldar Ranger
Kroot Mercenary

Chaos:
Magus Mynarc
Cherubael

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

Cheers Marco.. saved i alot of work  ;D

in a Tangent Change; anyone tried Mig Productions?

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

This is more of a review of a website rather than a new one, but I'd like to put out a heads-up to anyone dealing with Arcane Miniatures.

Before Christmas, I ordered a couple of models from there, one Assassin by JMD (the assassin's creed-a-like) and Falkar Wandering Sword by Andrea (someone did a fabulous conversion for the Conclave P&M competition last year, but your name escapes me, apologies). The models arrived in a timely fashion, but Falkar was missing and instead White Wolf (also Andrea) was in his place.

Long story short, four emails, two answerphone messages and two months later, not a hoot from Arcane Miniatures. I was left almost £30 out of pocket for the missing Falkar and had a model I didn't want (which was eBayed recently), but not nearly enough to cover it.

I am sure there may be others who have had positive experiences with Arcane, I'm probably a one-off example. However, I will never shop with Arcane Miniatures again, and would urge caution when considering Arcane Miniatures as a retailer when there are other much more reputed websites like Historex to buy from.
                                     +++++++

MarcoSkoll

Just a heads up for anyone who wants a flight case for their models.

Maplin have a half price offer on one of their aluminium cases until 23rd Feb, making it a pretty reasonable £15 (before postage)

It's about the same dimensions as a regular GW model case (comparing to the case of my Mega Paint Set at least, which I believe is the same size as the normal figure case), so probably larger than the average collection might need, but you can cut some of the foam to hold dice and tape measures instead.

GW's =I= articles

Hadriel Caine

@ RobSkib- the Falkar conversion was mine I think.

I tend to use Historex agents over other UK suppliers. Not a single problem with them in 5 years.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'