Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Warband Idea

Started by Seargent Maxwell Forest, November 21, 2012, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seargent Maxwell Forest

Hi im new to the conclave and the gaming side of Inquisitor.

My idea is my Inquisitor, Thomas Black will use Inquisitor Eisenhorns body and a possible head and arms swap.

Next is Seargent Maxwell forest who will be made from major Jackson.

There is also a Imperial Guardsmen Who will be made from Sgt Donorian Black with some fiddling.

Last but not least there will be a gunslinger who will either be a bounty hunter or eldar ranger?

I also need some rules for eldar. 

"What happens to the Imperium should it realy achieve peace?"

Koval

Quote from: Seargent Maxwell Forest on November 21, 2012, 07:48:12 PM
Hi im new to the conclave and the gaming side of Inquisitor.

My idea is my Inquisitor, Thomas Black will use Inquisitor Eisenhorns body and a possible head and arms swap.

Next is Seargent Maxwell forest who will be made from major Jackson.

There is also a Imperial Guardsmen Who will be made from Sgt Donorian Black with some fiddling.

Last but not least there will be a gunslinger who will either be a bounty hunter or eldar ranger?

I also need some rules for eldar. 

Bounty hunter. You don't need rules for Eldar, you need a good reason for an Eldar even being there. With a human bounty hunter it's just so much easier -- gunslingers are a dime a dozen on most hive worlds.

Oh, and WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE

Seargent Maxwell Forest

Thanks Koval for the welcome.What I meant for the rules was that eldar are so old and are supposed to be really wise.I was wondering what his stats might look like.

Koval

High WS/BS, middling S/T, high I, very high mental stats, Relationship With Inquisition -50 so please don't go there.

Seargent Maxwell Forest

Well Bounty Hunter it is then ;D

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Seargent Maxwell Forest on November 21, 2012, 07:48:12 PMNext is Seargent Maxwell forest who will be made from major Jackson.
This sounds like a very military warband. Do bear in mind that Inquisitor is not just about winning firefights. And when it is firefights, there's more variety than just Guardsmen.

An Inquisitor can recruit from all sorts. They can have arbitrators, crusaders, ships' armsmen, mercenaries, savant calculators, psychic torturers, dancer-assassins, fatemancers, glitterati-simulacra, technopurgators, tripartite scribes, vengeance servitors, mindscrubbed penitents, deathsmiths, nightmare-weavers... all of these things that are much more interesting than just more guardsmen.

I'll admit that many of my warbands do contain a guardsman (or guardswoman) - one would expect an Inquisitor to have some tough muscle around, and the military is a good source of pre-trained and obedient thugs - but one is usually as far as it goes. In many ways, an arbitrator's skill set is more universally useful.

QuoteLast but not least there will be a gunslinger who will either be a bounty hunter or eldar ranger?
As Koval says, Bounty hunter. Eldar are not at the beck and call of Inquisitors, and you need very good reason to explain why a race which is exclusively focused on its own well-being and considers humans half-evolved scum would be working with one.

However, as far as all of the rules supplements (including Eldar rules), this is the thread you want.

~~~~~

In the long run though... tell us more about these characters. It's hard to get any idea of what's appropriate seeing as we don't even know what the Inquisitor's personality, philosophy, methods, skills, etc are like.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

There are a couple of articles containing rules for Eldar - one published by GW with rules for Rangers and Pirates, and the second in Dark Magenta. Both are available in the archive Marco pointed you to.  If you want an Eldar character then go for it, I'm sure you can come up with a reason for him to cross paths with the Inquisition.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Seargent Maxwell Forest

Seargent Maxwell Forest is Thomases go to guy I have written up around five stories about him.He's the one that goes into the shady bars and taverns.Riley acts as Forests bodyguard not the Inquisitors.Riley is completely loyal to Forest after he saved him in a massive battle that left thousands of guardsmen dead and wounded.

I am going offline until later on in the day bye 8)

Koval

Quote from: Kaled on November 21, 2012, 08:51:35 PM
I'm sure you can come up with a reason for him to cross paths with the Inquisition.
He can come up with a reason by all means, but it's got to be an extremely good one for there to be an Eldar wandering about with an Inquisitor.

MarcoSkoll

It's not impossible to use an Eldar, of course - but it's not something I would recommend to a new player, particularly if they have other options in mind.

The Eldar are a wholly alien mindset and always have their own highly racist reasons for doing anything.
Roleplaying that kind of mindset alongside the agendas of the Inquisition is no mean feat - and even as an experienced roleplayer (with no reservations of simultaneously playing characters working against each other, often to the detriment of my objectives - I've been in more than one close combat where I'm declaring the actions of both characters in it), it's not something I'd approach in a hurry.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Quote from: Koval on November 21, 2012, 09:01:42 PM
He can come up with a reason by all means, but it's got to be an extremely good one for there to be an Eldar wandering about with an Inquisitor.
Maybe, but I think it's more important that people create the characters that interest them and they want to model and play. Roleplaying is only one aspect of Inquisitor and it's possible to start playing with just the flimsiest of ideas of who a character is and what motivates them and let such things develop over time - at least, that's the approach I usually take. I can't say I've ever thought too much about the alien mindset of my Tau characters...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat