Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

chains - scale question

Started by Radu Lykan, November 27, 2012, 01:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radu Lykan

am currently looking for a length of chain that would be suitable for shackles for a 54mm character, have had a quick look around the net but none of the shops really show any chain with scale pics, what sizes do people use?
pics of chain in use and the corresponding chain size is what i am after i guess.
any help is greatly appreciated and will speed along one of my character models into a photographable state
cheers

Dwi

Whats the project? Daemon host, penal Legionary ect? How big do you need the cain to be? Small links, really small likns, long, short?
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

MarcoSkoll

The best move is normally to find your nearest store that sells jewellery for teen girls - such places are practically guaranteed to stock slender necklaces on a pocket money budget. And, seeing them in person, you know exactly what size they are.

If you're worried about what the cashier thinks, say you're getting them for a cousin/niece/younger sibling (delete as is most believable). Or just camp it up entirely and post the video on Youtube for our amusement.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Radu Lykan

dwi- the project is a mutant whos on the run, raising rebellion along the way, he still has a manacle on one arm to add to his imagery and oratory, brandishing the chains when condemning his oppression. i want to be able to wrap the chain around his arm and yet it still needs to be quite thick to hold him, he looks quite a bit stronger than stone in my mind

lol marco, if i walked into a shop for teenage girls with a video camera there might be a problem  :o

will try as and when i get a chance (no video though) :P

Inquisitor Goldeneye

As one who has volunteered at several charity shops, I can honestly not think of anywhere better to pick up cheap jewellery chain.

As to how it looks on the miniature:

A side view of Father Hacket, an Ecclesiarchy exorcist who ran into a little difficulty with one of his subjects.
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Seargent Maxwell Forest

I think you could be able to use the chains that come in some in some Lego kits :-\.If you still have a old box full of Lego have a rummage around in there and see if anything turns up.
"What happens to the Imperium should it realy achieve peace?"