Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Best option for posting photos easily to these forums?

Started by aeprod, July 09, 2013, 11:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeprod

Hey ya'll:

I've got a good backlog of sub-par quality photos of inquisitor projects to help keep these forums active, but I'm not sure what's the easiest/fastest way to post photos on here.

I thought flikr might work, but from my understanding they don't let you do that.

Any helpful suggestions?

I realize you can upload photos one by one, but I was hoping for a smoother way to integrate, possibly even from within iphoto on my mac.

MarcoSkoll

The rule with Flickr images is that they need to be properly linked to credit the site and author.

This, for example, would be considered the proper way to post a Flickr image:

~~~~~

IGT13-1600-108 by MarcoSkoll, on Flickr

~~~~~

Scrapping the text underneath probably wouldn't be too bold.

In practice, matching Flickr's rules aren't particularly difficult compared to not.
The filenames aren't easily logical, so you can't just copy once and tweak the filenames because you know it's photos #623, #625 and #626 - you have to copy from the page each time.

Your other alternatives are things like Photobucket - although I rather dislike the current version (which is part of why I'm using Flickr for certain things these days), it's essentially the case that all the sites are getting more flashy rather than keeping just keeping it simple.

The thing with Photobucket is that it at least keeps the same filenames (well, unless you've got scrambling turned on), so it's not difficult to copy the address once, paste several times and then adjust the filenames as needed.

In summary:
There's not an ideal hosting site, at least by my standards and knowledge, but I'd probably suggest Photobucket here. Flickr has better gallery features (hence I use it for event pictures), but Photobucket is less finicky for posting to other sites (so I use it for my standard pictures).

Alternatively, if you have a Dakka Dakka account, they have their own picture hosting (only for wargaming related stuff though), which isn't too shabby. However, not really recommended unless you have (or want to have) an account for other reasons.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I personally use Tinypic for some things, Photobucket for others. Tinypic can get a little unwieldy when you've got too many things, though.

DapperAnarchist

I use picasa - lets me upload from my picture viewer/editor, and I can either post as an image, or an image with a click-through link. I've never got any problems with too many people viewing my pictures... but that may reflect more on my internet popularity than picasa's generosity.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!