Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Monodominant Inquistor?

Started by Dwi, March 26, 2012, 08:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwi

It seems that no one really likes the idea of a Mono around here as I have yet to see anyone do one. Perhaps I am not looking back far enough but why is that? Now My reasoning behind it is that every one seems to think Tryus when they think Monodominant but that dose not HAVE to be the case everyone is driffrent and all don't have to be Tryus. Now admitadly they are pretty much the masters of "Burn all the bad guys" and "Burn all the people who could POSSABLY be bad guys" (A method wich I aproove of btw) but their methods can be driffrent.  My own Mono Inquisitor Gud uses a psyker on his team, in rare moments mind you, to read him the Emperors Tarot for insight in to a furture purge perfectly understandabul how can you dispute the guideing hand of the emperor on the cards? Now I admit that Gud is slightly strange for a Mono but thaere nothing that says that Monodominants don't use psykers, hate them yes, wish to purge them yes, but even the most insane can't deny that they are useful and important to the Imperium.

What about you guys? What do you think?
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

Dolnikan

Actually, my main inquisitor is a bit of a monodominant, just one of the more moderate ones. In one of the roleplays currently going on the in character boards my character is a member of one of the more fanatical factions. Monodominants are indeed often seen as not all that into undercover action but actually it is one of the most important parts. If you want to burn thousands of heretics in a day you will need to find them first. Burning random people can be done as well but even the most extreme monodominats would prefer to actually get the heretics al well as the innocents.

Psykers are one of the more difficult points for a monodominat and actually show one of the contradictions of the Imperial religion. A psyker will almost always be seen as less than human but at times they can have some use, as long as only they can perform the specific task and it is necessary to do the Emperor's work.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Draco Ferox

Ahem This thread discusses the various stances within monodominism, and if you have anything to add it would be appreciated. Personally, a Monodominant who uses psykers as he believes that they are merely tools for expenditure seems interesting, as does one who thinks that psykers are the next step in the evolution of humanity, and so seek to aid this development to create a more powerful humanity.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Seargent Maxwell Forest

In my ohnest opinion modominants are incredibly single minded.Wanting to kill everything but humans in the universe is prety much inpossible and even if you could do it its going to take a hell of a long time >:(
"What happens to the Imperium should it realy achieve peace?"

DapperAnarchist

It's not killing everyone - it's dominating everyone. Killing everyone would be Monoextermination (... which should totally be a Monodominance sub-faction). I feel that sometimes (and I may have to do something about this, as I really like this idea) Monodominance is very much focussed on the Xenos and the Mutant, and also on the religious aspect, but there are other, still brutal, options. Here's a good Monodominant-style quote -

"There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the Party. There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother. There will be no laughter, except the laugh of triumph over a defeated enemy. There will be no art, no literature, no science. When we are omnipotent we shall have no more need of science. There will be no distinction between beauty and ugliness. There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always—do not forget this, Winston—always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever."

The Imperium does not just seek dominance over the alien, but also over the human. The Emperor rules absolutely, and His agents rule below him, but because the Emperor's rule is absolute, so, as His agents, is theirs. Dominance is everything.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!