Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

I'm new around here

Started by butchyboy73, December 18, 2012, 09:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchyboy73

Hi all,

Been lurking in the shadows for a while and have decided to take the plunge and join the Conclave. Like many ere, I'm a player of 40K and, thanks to Dan Abnett and, yes I admit it, Ian Watson I've dipped my toe into the murky waters of Inquisitor though in 28mm scale. Play at my local club where a couple of chums and together we have started a narrative campaign with the hope of spreading the word about how good Inquisitor is.

Currently I have a small warband; Interrogator (well, he's only just started  :) ) Hannus Pellen of the Ordo Hereticus, as a Mono Dominant he's zealous enforcer of the Emperor's Will. He's currently aided by Imperial Preacher Ortolf Biraumer and two hired guns, Hector and Hempel Jochutz, literally brothers-in-arms and dodgy geezers too boot.

If one of you good people can tell me how to post pics on this site I'll put up some mug shots of my gang

Cheers

Koval

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE!

A small background glitch -- Interrogators aren't actually part of an Ordo yet, although the Inquisitors to whom they're apprenticed usually are.

We also don't really have much of a problem with Ian Watson around here, despite his work being positively ancient; there are, however, enough folks around here that dislike Dan Abnett's stuff for various reasons. YMMV.

Pictures tend to go in the Painting and Modelling board, or In The Field if you're reporting on a game you've played; you'll need to host your stuff on somewhere like Tinypic, then either use [IMG ][/IMG] tags or just post a direct link to the image.

butchyboy73

Thanks for the welcome Koval :)
As for my faux pas; ah well, Pellen is due for promotion soon as he's already faced down a Genestealer Cult and is now on the trail of a Chaos Cult. Promotion will stand him in good stead when he has to throw his weight about with the local forces of law and order.

It's part of the narrative thread of the campaign we're running, all the inquisitors in the sector are busy so two interrogators have been dispatched to investigate suspicious goings on on the planet Agrinno IV.

I'm sure I have photobucket account, I'll use that for posting some photos.

Hadriel Caine

Welcome to the Conclave!

I for one embrace anyone that loves Ian Watson. So much of the earlier stuff appeals to me more than current fluff... I also like the arguments it can bring. How did your genestealer cult work out? I'm experimenting with some ideas concerning them at the moment.

A.

p.s. all my Interrogators are affiliated with specific inquisitors and thus ordos... it may not be canon but it makes sense to me just from a hypothetical administrative standpoint!
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Koval

Quote from: Hadriel Caine on December 19, 2012, 12:56:07 AM
p.s. all my Interrogators are affiliated with specific inquisitors and thus ordos... it may not be canon but it makes sense to me just from a hypothetical administrative standpoint!
Well, the point I raised about Interrogators' Inquisitors being in Ordos is basically what you've got; it's roughly along the lines of "you're not yet a member, but we know you because you're with Inquisitor X". Taking an example from among my own characters, Alice is barely an Interrogator, but the Inquisitor she's with at the moment is Ordo Malleus, so if she were to think Malleus-specific resources are necessary, she'd petition her Inquisitor to step in (and probably take over); however, that's still different to actually saying "Interrogator Y is of the Ordo Xenos" or similar.

butchyboy73

Re. Inquisitors and Interrogators: That makes a lot of sense (and highlights one reason why I'm here, I suppose  ::) seeking help with creating and developing characters!! ) and it's given me an excuse to convert, ever so slightly, and paint up an Inquisitor and another small retinue, result!!  ;D

Like a lot of folk I found Ian Watson's stuff back in the late 90's and I'm now on my 3rd reading of it, not because I'm completely infatuated with it but because it's such an intriguing series, and, I think, slightly mad but in a good way  ;) Jaq Draco seems to me how a long serving Inquisitor might easily become, slightly unhinged at having to question everything, even though Inquisitors have to be mentally extremely tough.

Koval

Wasn't Jaq somewhere in his mid-thirties in the first book, though? I know there was a time skip between Books 1 and 2, but he was in stasis for most of that...