Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Finally a return to making miniatures for games that I play

Started by Necris, January 19, 2013, 12:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

With Christmas done and past and an operation on my hand out of the way I've been able to return to modelling and while I've been preoccupied with building a 40K army and doing some inq28 stuff but I found some 54mm bits and well started putting together and this is what I came up with.

I'm not sure what to use him as, I have some possible thoughts but I'm curious to see what other people think his role could be before I finalise my character ideas
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

DapperAnarchist

He strikes me as some sort of Ordo Agent, a Gatekeeper or the representative of a Sector Lord. Perhaps back him up with a couple Savants, and some classically Inquisition troops like Stormtroopers or even a Battle Sister?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Alyster Wick

As Dapper said, I could definitely see him being a representative of some kind within the noble classes. He has an air of menace about him that would suggest he isn't the silver tongued political type but rather the guy they send in when they mean business. He doesn't negotiate, his mere presence sends a message.

Expanding on that, I could also see him being a rather sinister interrogator (in the torture sense, not the generic title for an acolyte), either traditional or psychic. That rod of his could be a force staff or (with the gubbins and chemical vials) could also be a more traditional instrument of torture. In fact I kind of like that idea. It's so elegant that it would be wickedly ironic for it to be a brutal interrogation device.

Either way, great return to form, looking forward to whatever you produce next.

Radu Lykan

gorgeous model :)
i think it would make a fantastic sin eater (dark heresy-radicals handbook)
something about it is dark and sinister, despite the purity seals and lack of chaos markings of any sort it still makes me think, whose side is it on?

Necris

I've not seen the radicals handbook may have to invest in that or try and get a look a copy of it.

And you should see it with paint on it (I'll upload some pictures tomorrow for you all along with the rest of the band)

Necris

Well as promised some pictures with paint

Starting off an up close of his upper body

and then a long distance full length

I went for quite a dark pallet hoping to further reinforce the menace he seems to possess. The blue of his coat is a little darker than the pictures shows.

Next up I have pictures of the rest of the band he'll be joining not sure if i have posted these before in their "finished" states.

First up is trained savant Dominic Lannar - somewhere in Dominic's family history one of his ancestors was a decorated officer in the Imperial Guard, in his life before joining the Inquisition as a savant Dominic engaged in fencing as a martial art and proved to be quite good at it, he later acquired the revolver because of a spiralling situation that led to him coming to the attention of the inquisition his resourcefulness ensured his membership of the warband.

I'm really happy with this guy, and Gav's sculpting since he last saw action he had a couple of extra bits added, including an auspex and some blind grenades.

Next is Chastiser Lilay Crasser - Lilay was seconded to an Inquisitional investigative team during a heresy purge on her home world, the seed of corruption led to the very heart of the planetary enforcers and she proved to be the sole survivor, requesting that she joined the investigative team so that did not have to bear the dishonour of being affiliated with the corrupt enforcers she left her world.

This was a test of my converting stills a repose of the barbaretta model and I've since completeing the model noticed I got the left leg wrong which annoys me but I can live with it.

Captain Corra Synge - A member of the Synge Trade Empire Corra's brother used the family fortune to fund a coup across the Adronnis Sector, backed by dozens of corrupted guardsmen he swore himself to darker powers for victory, when the Inquisition came Corra's brother was abandoned by his hired army left to bear the punishment of his treason alone and Corra's family on the verge of bankruptcy to prove her loyalty to the Throne Corra has placed her personal ship the "Wayward Desire" at the Inquisitors disposal

A fairly stock model (save for the weapon swap) I'm not happy with her skin I wanted we to be a very pale void born character but there is very little detail to the face for my usual skin method I think.

Finally it's the turn of the weapons platform armed to the teeth he's truly the gun of the group, equipped with a bolt pistol pump action shotgun, stubber and thunder hammer he's a minor psychic possessing the power of sanctuary

and a group shot

Heroka Vendile

Nice stuff Tony, I do like the leader model - have you decided what/who he is yet? It's certainly a model that'd lend itself to a vast range of archetypes.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Necris

Well originally the weapons platform was going to be my inquisitor and the spooky creepy guy was going to be a retained psyker in his staff but as the feel of the character has developed I don't think that will work anymore.

Now I'm thinking that platform will become an interogator young and full of fiery zeal he is the weapon.

As for spooky I was thinking he could either become a proxy for the inquisitor acting in his stead  or him being the inquisitor himself, I plan on having him in a sealed environment suit and possibly making him psychic but I also like the sound of he sin eater from dark heresy and am considering using that as a base for the character.

And onto the staff I'm not sure beyond having it as a force weapon or some weird agoniser type weapon, I'm also considering making it into a almost  style weapon as it's about the length of a two handed mace so could be a power weapon but then I'd have 2 hammer style weapons in 1 warband

Darthvegeta800

That leader is epic. He oozes the idea of a disciplined ruthless enforcer. The iron fist of some imperious figure.
He also reminds me a little bit of the Star Wars Imperial Guard. Silent, robed yet lethal.

Van Helser

I can only echo the comments above.  "Absolute Badass" seems an appropriate archetype for him!

The Jena model doesn't have deep enough recesses around the face for washing as you've found.  I think a couple of very fine, almost pure white highlights along the cheekbones and eyebrows would add depth to the face without obscuring the features that much.

Ruaridh