Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Lyrial Necar and Chaos Magus Flian Vaar (WIP)

Started by Colonel Marbi Chora, September 23, 2009, 07:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Marbi Chora

Good Evening from the States!

Colonel Marbi Chora here, with my two "major" projects; Inquisitor Lyrial Necar and his temporary nemesis, Chaos Magus Flian Vaar. My last Painting and Modelling post was on the last conclave, with a gift intended for my friend- an Arbites Judge! Since then I've been meaning to actually do something, and after about a month and a half of waiting, the body for my Inquisitor finally arrived! So I introduce to you Inquisitor Lyrial Necar!

And a shot from a more dramatic Angle...

And a focus on his sword. I'm rather proud of it, I used a technique I used on my Space Marines to make giant power-cleavers. This is, however, much more elegant. The little rung there is for stabalizing the sword blade (it snapped off once before, so just in case).

And now for Chaos Magus Flian Vaar! He is supposed to be a "minor" villain, one that will be surrounded by devoted yet weak and easy-to-kill cultists. He carries a daemonic powerfist that threatens to take him over if his Willpower even slips (it's only one below his!). His strengths lie in inspiring the cultists, as well as close-combat.

And a shot from the back...

And that's the pair! I'm relativly proud of them, as they are the second group I've done. They also have the greatest amount of greenstuffing I've ever really done (Necar's chestplate), which is a skill I'm hoping to improve in.

Critique, Comments, and advice will be gladly accepted!

The Colonel

RobSkib

Goodness, that hand is a beast! What is the base model for your Magus? I can't quite place it... Whilst on the subject, I do think that as great as he is (the powerfist being huge really works!) he does lack a certain chaos-y something, I think he needs more trinkets of Chaos, chains and so forth, or are you planning on bringing out his allegiance when youpaint him? I think a nice big 8-pointed star on his chest would work wonders.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Tullio

I like seeing grotesqu proportions on the wierder denizens of the 40Kverse. Nice pose on that Magus, almost messianic

Tullio

Inquisitor Liss

Cool model I like the oversized fist. It really gives the feel of dread and since it is demonic it gives the idea that its power is greater than what he can control and in the long run "It will win" Muhahahahah ;D
Also I would to know where you got that body. Is it a Reaper model?

Kaled

Yep - it's Reaper's vampire slayer;
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Master%20Series%20Miniatures/latest/30006

Necar still looks too Eldar-y if you ask me - I think you need to Imperialise him with some purity seals, Inquisitorial icons etc, lose the gems and maybe hang some obviously human technology from his belt.  Of course, a good paint scheme will go a long way to helping in this regard...  So, how do you plan to paint them?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Hadriel Caine

I love that Reaper mini- was considering buying it the other day, I like the use of the Talon of Horus. nice and unbalanced and chaosy.

I agree Kaled with the Imperialisation of the Eldar ranger. not sure how it can be achieved though.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Colonel Marbi Chora

Thanks for the comments everybody!

@Robskib: I was planning to paint a big eight-pointed star on his chest, as I can't see him worshipping a single god. Although with his psychic powers I could see him slowly turning to tzeench.

@ Tullio: Thank you!

@ Inq. Liss: Oh, I hope it will. It would make for fun close-combat shenanigans! And Kaled is right, it's the Vampire Slayer from reaper!

@Kaled: I was thinking about giving him a rosette hanging from his belt or from his neck, but this model is supposed to be him "under cover". But he coudl use with some imperial-izing. I may slap a few aquillas on him, but I'm not sure that would fit too well with the whole "infiltraitor" feel I was trying to get.

As for painting them, I was planning on Necar's coat being a dark gray. His inner robe would be a dark blue, and the tabard would be a purple. The colors would hopefully underline his background, as he is of noble background, hence the purple. As for the armour, I'm thinking of painting it a silver, but give it a purple wash.

Vaar's outer coat would be a dark brown with a blue inside, with light brown pants. His powerfist would be a focal point, so I was thinking about an light orange, silver with a red wash, or glossed black, but with a flame outline.

precinctomega

I like the concept of Vaar.  But to make that power claw look a little more sensible, I think he needs some sort of bracer up the rest of his arm and across his back: perhaps some sort of power unit on his right shoulder to balance him up?

I realize that the imbalance is part of the appeal of the model.  I like that.  I just think it needs to be toned down a little bit.

R.