Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Greetings all

Started by Darthvegeta800, February 18, 2013, 05:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darthvegeta800

Given that i've had a job for quite a while now...
And since I rarely get around to playing mass miniature wargames I decided to move onto a subhobby more in tune with my love of painting.
54mm scale.

I already plan to monthly pick up 3 Inquis minis and have 6 already standing asside.

But I was wondering... do you guys know any good scifi miniatures in the 54 mm scale?

Also... what's your opinion on this guy?

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=68721#.USJlQWfC6Gs

(they also have 3 Space Wolf lookalikes)

Compatible in scale?

Also... how much is Inquisitor played? Is all the criticism justified?

Kaled

Welcome to the Conclave!

Quote from: Darthvegeta800 on February 18, 2013, 05:34:57 PM
But I was wondering... do you guys know any good scifi miniatures in the 54 mm scale?
Try the list here;
http://carthax.wikispaces.com/Modelling+Resources
They're mostly historical and fantasy, with just a few companies selling sci-fi miniatures.  However that shouldn't be a problem as 40k is more like fantasy in space than hard science fiction - plus many 40k characters wear pseudo-historical clothing anyway - so it's easy to take models and 40k-ify them to bit perfectly into Inquisitor.

QuoteAlso... what's your opinion on this guy?

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=68721#.USJlQWfC6Gs
Far too much armour to see much use in a game of Inquisitor, the pose is a bit static and he's too blocky for my taste - but if you like him then go for it, don't let my opinion put you off.  As for whether he's compatible in scale - I'd say 'probably'.  He's advertised as being 54mm, and humans come in a range of sizes and shapes, so it's unlikely that he'd fall so far outside the range of human variation that he'd be unusable.

QuoteAlso... how much is Inquisitor played?
It's played a lot in a very few places, a little bit in some places, and not at all in most places.  It all depends on where you live and how much effort you're willing to put in as to how likely you are to get a game.

QuoteIs all the criticism justified?
That depends on which criticism you mean - some criticism is entirely justified, some not at all.  It's a fun game when played properly - fantastic fun in fact.  So fun that it's enough to make me ignore the clunky rules and too much time spent looking things up in rulebooks.

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Darthvegeta800

Thanks for the info.
What's your view on Andrea Miniatures? Are they compatible? I like some of them and they seem suitable. Especially the bald merc and the female 'sniper/long gun' girl. http://www.andreaeurope.com/en/1/andrea-miniatures/136/dark-nova.html

Koval

Inquisitor is generally played with either 54mm or 28mm (or 32mm) miniatures, so I'm confident that the Dark Nova line's a bit on the large side. (And I'm hesitant to spend that kind of money just to prove myself wrong.)

Darthvegeta800

Aah because they tend to be announced as 54mm. *rubs chin*

Kaled

Hmmm, they're all listed as 1/32 and the Serpentia Commando is shown as 54mm - it would be nice to know how tall they are really. I wonder if there's a review anywhere that says...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Darthvegeta800

As odd as it may seen i'm actually going for the 54mm just because of the scale. Lotsa fun to pain. (i paint more than I game)
But it does handicap the availability of models. I do plan to try a bit of 'modelling' myself but nothing as elaborate as some on these fora.

Bloodpact

Just for you guys, and since i had him on my desk...

He's a little taller. His arms are quite long too. Slightly-lower-than-terran gravity birthworld sorts all that out anyway...
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!