Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Celestial Lions Scout

Started by Van Helser, February 25, 2013, 05:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Many, many years ago (around 5?) I started sculpting a Space Marine Scout.  I had just about finished the sculpting by 2010, but then had a year of shoulder trouble, and then got distracted by a bunch of other projects.  As I am now trying to clear my desk of half-completed models before I move house, the scout has finally come down from the shelf above my computer and spent this afternoon getting covered in paint. 

I chose the Celestial Lions as the chapter allegedly made an enemy of the Inquisition and had its Apothecaries assassinated on Armageddon, leaving 96 Marines with no way of prolonging their lineage.  This guy has a lot of reasons to hunt down every Inquisitor he can get his rather large hands on.

Is this model perfect?  Not at all.  The sculpt was pretty good for me, 5 years ago, but I think some of the details are pretty clumsy looking now (I'm looking at you, chest skull detail).  The paint job was banged out in short order this afternoon, and I'm pretty happy with the gold armour and blue, battle-damaged, shoulder pads.  He'll make a grand NPC to throw into the mix at an event in the future...

Ruaridh

Radu Lykan

i love the idea of marines who hunt inquisitors, my chaos marine does something similar but for imperial ones to do it just seems great