Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Van Helser's Retrospective

Started by Van Helser, August 02, 2009, 11:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNephew

My bad, of course - I should have recognised the bionics, but I'm not sure I've ever seen Tyrus in teh flesh, so to speak.
How did you deal with the elongated neck (which you've trimmed, presumably)?
Is there a suitable cavity in Luriel's neck, or was it cut down and GS'd?

Van Helser

Lots of hacking and slashing.

If memory serves, I was still a student when I made him and access to the prosthodontics lab at the Dental Hospital to get some extra-choppy diamond burs to create a hole in the top of Luriel's armour to sink the head into.

Saussure

Quote from: TheNephew on August 30, 2009, 02:07:59 PMHow did you deal with the elongated neck (which you've trimmed, presumably)?
Having just completed a bit of cutting and sawing myself, I can report that it isn't too hard to remove that massive stump of a neck Tyrus has - you can build a new (reasonably sized) neck back up with a pin and some Green Stuff.

Or, somehow get your hands on a dental drill...  ;)

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Ynek

I particularly like Jan Kierys. The use 40k-scale weapon parts to make the double-barrelled pistol is particularly clever, and the combination of Eisenhorn's legs with Gruss's torso is one that I would never have thought of in a million years, but it seems to work amazingly well here.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Van Helser

I've done the Gruss torso/Eisenhorn legs combination twice now, and I think they go together really quite well.  A bit of greenstuffing around the waist is required to cover the join though - Kierys is sporting a tunic here to cover it.

The double-barrelled laspistol was a bit fiddly, but turned out well.  It's well worth taking a bunch of 40k weapons, chopping them up and trying different combinations until you get something you like - chances are it'll be pretty unique too.