Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Absalom's INQ28 Retinue

Started by Absalom, March 17, 2013, 10:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absalom

Hi all,

My name is Rob, and I'm brand new here. I have recently finished reading the Eisenhorn and Ravenor Trilogies, and have been inspired to create my own inquisitor retinue in 28mm scale. I happened to see one of the Blanchitsu articles in White Dwarf recently was really blown away. I was about 11 or 12 when Inquisitor originally came out, and whilst I bought a couple of the large scale models at the time, it was mostly just to paint as I was too into 40K. I've bagged myself a copy of the rulebook from eBay and have been slowly reading through the rules and creating ideas for characters in the retinue. To set myself a challenge, I've decided to limit bits usage to GW, and Forgeworld parts, but I am aiming to create characters that fit the feel and spirit of Inquisitor - Got to love me some Grim Dark!

So without further to do, here is a WIP shot of my first INQ28 character, Inquisitor Absalom -

Hopefully more to come soon.

Cheers.

Keravin

Nice base, and lovely shoulder pads :)  What's the character behind Absalom as the only thing I'm unsure on is the head or rather the hair.

Koval

Little bit too much Space Marine, in my opinion -- there's nothing wrong with a power-armoured Inquisitor in principle, but you might need to do something to the legs in order to differentiate them from Corvus-pattern Astartes armour. At present, he looks like a Space Marine with no arms.

I do, however, like the base.

Absalom

Cheers for the comments and the crits guys. In the background I'm creating for him he's from a developing feudal world, a world in the interesting transition period of being caught between the remnants of its tribal heritage and the new enforced Imperial regime, sort of like in real-life Icelandic Saga's when Christianity  had been imposed over the old pagan histories and beliefs. In the 'Old Ways' of this planet a tribal leader or chieftain wears their hair like this to mark out their position. He's a descendant of a long line of such leaders, and its basically an honour thing to wear it as such. I'm thinking he's going to have some radical tendencies, and this more feral appearance sort of preempts that, suggesting a preoccupation with a darker past.

As for the power armour.. I've been reading up on non space marine types.. Sort of the like that Tyrus wears. (ie non power pack etc.) I've actually been toying with getting non-power armour arms for him, and modelling details using greenstuff to suggest that it's more of a carapace-type armour to take it away from the marine look. Early stages yet though, will be trying out different things for sure.

Absalom

Just a quick update on the inquisitor model, having had some time off this weekend -

He's had some pinning and greenstuff work, and also some cool additions from things which I've amassed in my bits box over the years, but no advances on the legs just yet. I've been sketching a few different ideas for converting them, and I'm not quite sure which to go for yet. There's also some Forgeworld goodness on it's way in the post, so hopefully some more progress updates to come shortly.

Kron

That looks really good, great use of the 'striding purposefully' legs! :)

Now that you've added the arms it doesn't look too much like a Space Marine, just make sure to not have much on the back that could be mistaken for a power pack.

Looking forward to seeing more of him and his retinue!

Easy E

^Cheapskate^

SpruferMLB

I'm liking the take on power armor, where did the chest piece come form?

Looking forward to seeing more of him maybe some buddies, keep up the good work!
Lighting again streaked its way across the sky and deep down in the impenetrable darkness, the King in Chains stirred.

Alyster Wick

Been meaning to comment on this for a while. I really like the unique hair style/head piece (whatever it is), adds a lot of personality. I'm also a huge fan of the model itself. I think it rides the line between Marine and general power armor closely but in my opinion it looks great and shouldn't be confusing on the board.