Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

jakob's rough first forays into Inq28

Started by jakob, March 29, 2013, 09:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakob

I have never posted much on here before and haven't done so in a wee while. I have never modelled anything for far longer than that. Recently though, I have been browsing (lurking) on here and other related sites and stumbled upon this Inq28. I soon found some inspiration and began kitbashing various old models from my dusty collection. What follows is nothing spectacular, especially compared to some of the quality stuff on here but still, it's the beginning of my relapse into the hobby

I imagined this guy as some fanatically faithful missionary or inspired rogue trader(with the hook hand and flashy puffed coat under the armour). (and I will replace his heretical square base for one without corners)

A battered, ragged psycher with his staff and helmet fitted with a boosting antennae (?). I realise his head is actually too big for his body and I'll probably replace it with on more suitable

Not quite sure who this character would be. Some AdMech priest or ancient scholar character perhaps, more machine and flailing mechandrites than man.

All of these characters are far from finished and all are rough as hell but I'm happy enough so far. Any comments and critiques are more than welcome of course
Medic! MEDIC! . . We need some super-glue over here!

meltaburn

I like these alot! Your leader could make a great 'fallen' nobleman, the mechanicus dude is very characterful, but I think he could do with a bit more detail between his upper body and the boxy bottom section, maybe a cable or two? He's brilliant though, like a grimdark davros! I also dont think theres anything wrong with a psyker having an oversized head. Surely its almost par for the course! Look forward to seeing these painted!!!

Kron

All looks great so far!! :)

Any idea what form your Inquisitor (if you plan on having one) will take?

jakob

Cheers for the compliments :)

@meltaburn I see your point about the mechanicus guy being a bit plain in his upper body compared to the bottom. I'll see if I can adjust him slightly though I don't want him to be too tall, but I'll think of something. Hopefully when I do get round to painting they should all come together more. (I also didn't consider the similarities to davros ... I wonder what a 40k grimdark dalek would be or is)

@Kron Cheers. Personally I'm not planning on creating a specific 'Inquisitor' character, I like the idea of an Inquisitor lazing back in some luxurious chair while his various minions run about for him though of course active Inquisitors are interesting as well. (My leader could pass for an Inquisitor I suppose, though thought of missing a hand while in active duty may raise an eyebrow or two  :P )
Medic! MEDIC! . . We need some super-glue over here!

Koval

Quote from: jakob on March 29, 2013, 10:20:35 PM
I wonder what a 40k grimdark dalek would be or is
They're called Necron Destroyers. Slightly easier to destroy than Daleks, but then again, 40K has the advantage of having better man-portable weapons than autoguns. :P

QuoteI like the idea of an Inquisitor lazing back in some luxurious chair while his various minions run about for him
I have at least two Inquisitors that do either that, or do one thing while they've got operatives and acolyte cells doing another. The Conclave Dark Heresy group's just done a job for one of them -- for all they know, Fabian just sits around in his office drinking amasec all day, whereas in reality his job's a lot harder than that.

He actually has to go out and buy good amasec, for example :P