Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

28mm Chaos Villain

Started by mirryhalo, March 28, 2013, 01:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirryhalo

Hey,

It's been quite a while since I posted anything on here. Yesterday I was searching around some stuff trying to find a model I made a while ago so I could paint it. While searching I found this head which inspired me to make this chap, only thing is now I've made him not too sure where he's going how I'll paint him or who he really is so any suggestions?

Kaludram

His stature looks huge.  My suggestion, a Chaos Marine that has been cast out to show his true devotion to his patron before he can return triumphant and be assigned a following as a newly anointed champion.
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Koval

If he's a Chaos Marine, maybe he's the last surviving member of his warband, or someone abandoned in the Warp by his former comrades? Black Crusade gives us Forsaken, so he might be one of those.

If he's human, maybe he's looking to emulate a Chaos Marine for whatever reason -- he's certainly got the stature for one!

Kron

Another option is that he's a failed candidate from one of the Space Marine chapters who now holds one hell of a bitter grudge?

He made it part of the way but was rejected at the last minute when they uncovered his evil tendencies?

Great model anyway, very menacing!

Koval

Quote from: Kron on April 01, 2013, 08:17:13 PM
He made it part of the way but was rejected at the last minute when they uncovered his evil tendencies?
He'd have needed to escape execution if he went really sour while in Chapter service, but putting the failure first, then his bitterness (which could be exploited by any one of the Dark Powers, really), then an escape that takes place concurrently with the further development of his hatred would work just fine.

Adlan

Quote from: Koval on April 01, 2013, 08:19:53 PM
Quote from: Kron on April 01, 2013, 08:17:13 PM
He'd have needed to escape execution if he went really sour while in Chapter service, but putting the failure first, then his bitterness (which could be exploited by any one of the Dark Powers, really), then an escape that takes place concurrently with the further development of his hatred would work just fine.

Also, that's a great motivator for evil deeds, desperately trying to be "evil" enough to get noticed by a traitor legions.

mirryhalo

Yeah I really like that idea of him being a rejected space marine. maybe his gene seed was rejected by his body and was removed while he was left for dead and he now holds a grudge? Any way I finished painting him I went for a kind of nurgley theme here he is:

Dwi

"Pisst!" *opens trench coat* "Wanna buy some gene seed?"

Sorry coulden't help myself :P

If your body rejects the implants/gene seed your turned in to a servator if I recall. Me I think he looks like a heavly armour Chaos cultist. Perhaps this could be a start of a whole band of psycos that follow this guy?
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

DapperAnarchist

There's at least one short story about a serf (not servitor) who was a novice, but failed the implantations. Things did not end well... But then again, I'm sure you could guess that.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Koval

I don't imagine that if his body rejects the gene-seed, he's going to last for very long -- they're usually put out of their misery there and then. So he'd need to have failed in some way before implantation began. If you're leaning towards Nurgle, however, then I think his increased size can be explained away by "Chaos Did It".

mirryhalo

Yeah I was thinking about him being the big bad boss at the end of an NPC group or the leader of a chaos worshippers warband I've got a whole load of Dark Vengeance cultists on their way as I'm using the one in the commissar coat for a project I'm working on, so they'll be useful for that group