Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Free Runners in Inquisitior?

Started by Hiver20, April 10, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiver20

Hey everyone

I was just wondering what people thought about characters that can run up walls and do a back flip over obstacles because I am planning on make a character that can do that sort of thing while having a average fit human profile.

So I would love to hear peoples opinions on the matter?

Hiver20
What's this thing you call a Sky? I've never seen the Sky before. So this is the Sky? Where's the ceiling then?

MarcoSkoll

It's not particularly unusual to have these high agility characters, seeing as it's largely what you get from something like the Acrobatic or Scale Terrain skills.

Can't really say anything more than it's nothing hugely out of the ordinary and that if you're looking at using Catfall, I'd recommend my house rule version (somewhat cribbed from Dark Heresy) over the rulebook version:

QuoteCatfall: A character with catfall may test initiative when they fall. If they pass, they will land on their feet (and will not be stunned) and for the purposes of damage their falling distance is reduced by 1 yard plus an extra yard for every full 5 points they pass their test by.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Hiver20

Thanks Macro,

What sort of stat line do you think I could use as I am thinking of kinda saying she comes from the Schola Progenium.

And also the she uses a sword and a pistol which would be conceable so she can get pass security and also light enough for it not to weigh her down also what skills would be good have for her. Because I think she would have acrobatic, catfall, dodge and fast draw?

Hiver 20
What's this thing you call a Sky? I've never seen the Sky before. So this is the Sky? Where's the ceiling then?

Alyster Wick

As a general rule 50 as a stat means relatively proficient, 60-70 means they really work at it, 71-85ish means they're among the best and anything over that needs a fair amount of justification (a character needs the innate talent, mental discipline and time on their hands to become this good and it's rare to have all three).

Beyond that throw something together and I'm sure folks will be glad to comment (as a community we tend to critique/workshop ideas rather than do all the work for you  ;) )

MarcoSkoll

I'd say more like the lower bounds of all that: 50 as a stat means relatively competent, 60 means some serious skill and 70 is a serious expert. Of course every stat needs its justification (high or low), but stats of 70 or more definitely need a good justification.

Characters of mine with more than one stat of 70+ are definitely a minority. Those with any stats of 80+ are seriously scarce (and it's most likely as a mental stat). Past the low 80s, I think my entire collection (ignoring bionic strength bonuses) has two stats of 85, one of 90 and one of 120*.
*The 85s are WP values, one a rather stubborn Inquisitor and the other a psyker (whose remaining stats are Sg 63 and everything else is 52 or less). The 90 is the Nv of a mindwiped psyborg with very little left to lose. And the 120 is the Nv of the character who's been killed three times, still isn't dead and hence has a very different perception of injury and death to most.

But yeah. Throwing stuff together (with some fluff please, it helps) and letting us give feedback works better than us coming up with things for you.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

I presume you're thinking of a Natalia Romanova (the Black Widow) type of character here. If so you probably want the character to have a good WS/BS (low to mid 60's) but only average strength and toughness (low to mid 50's at most) as the character should be emphasising speed and agility over brute strength. I would also expect the character to be quick witted and fast on her feet so a high initiative and speed would be appropriate, at least speed 4, but I think a speed of 5 would not be unrealistic.

For the mental stats I would expect her to have a high Sagacity to help her with her infiltration type role. Wp, Ld and Nv are more problematic and to some extent will depend upon the characters background, is she strong willed or easily manipulated? Is she a brave hero type or more interested in self preservation? Is she used to command (possibly from a noble background) or is she not particularly trusted by the rest of her team?

I hope that gives you some help and ideas.

Hiver20

Name: Serena Haru
Sex: Female
Species: Human

Where is your character from? Be specific, not just a planet or a city.
Mortis Sub Sector, Athena Sector, Tovar system, Planet Melinda.

Does your character have a family? Give details; who are they?
Serena is a orphan.

What does your character look like? Not numbers or clothing but style, looks, et cetera
Serena has a gothic look about her.

How does your character dress? Does their wardrobe contain twenty identical outfits or do they have dress-up/dress-down clothes? Go mad, look in your own wardrobe for ideas.
She wear a Harden Flak Corest and wears Flak Armour everywhere else excpet her head.

Does your character have physical quirks, ticks or habits? Does he sweat profusely when nervous? Does he scratch himself in unflattering places or chew his fingernails? Has his nose been broken and never set properly?
She folds her arms when she is angry.

Where did your character learn their skills? Where did they first shoot a gun, wield a sword et cetera?
Serena learnt all her skills in Schola Progenium

What else does your character know, stuff that does not come into the combats like a passion for Terran Wines for example? Where did he learn it? How did it develop?
She loves to read about old Terran History.

Where did he get his goodies?
She got her weapons and also her Armour form the armoury of the Schola Progenium on Melinda.

Where does your character live? Again, be specific.
Serena lives in the Schola Progenium Barracks.

Whom does your character know? Some of these may be warband members, others not. Detail them, do the twenty questions for them if you have time.
Serena knows Inquisitor Jackal Khan who thinking of taking her on as a potential Recruit, Derek Morgan who is a bounty hunter in the employ of  Jackal Khan, Shrina Asher  who is a Enunciator of the Gairn II Arbites, she was saved by Jackal Khan when she was being attacked by a group of cultist which had killed her team members.

Who are your character's enemies? Does he have any? Or are enemies something that will only come in here? If so, what are your character's primary threats? Tyranids? Eldar? Mutants? Psykers?
Her enemies are the anyone who would interfere with her masters plans.

How did your character develop their psychic abilities; a special question, if your character is a wyrd or non-psychic you have one less question to answer.
Serena  is a non-Psyker.

What are your character's likes and dislikes? Is he nervous of space travel? Does he hate cabbage? Does he love to drive ground cars at ludicrous speeds?
Serena doesn't like places with wide open, empty spaces, as she prefers to free run over different terrain for fun and also to push herself to her physical limits.

What is your character's Moral Code? Where does he draw the line? Where does Radicalism or Puritanism become Heresy?
Serena believes to be strong you must push the boundaries, she believes that using Xenos weaponry and armour help her in push her boundaries.

Does your character have goals? Is he a point and shoot weapon for the hierarchy or is the vaguest hint of Ork stink going to have him running off to find Orkimedes?
She does whatever is asked of her as she wants to please her master and also she subservient to the Holy Ordos.

Does your character have personal beliefs? Does he follow the Imperial creed to the letter? Is he a Thorian et cetera?
She is a follower of the Istvaanian Ideals and also of the Imperial Creed but not to letter as she also uses Xenos Weaponry and Armour.

Does your character have any personality quirks? Is he Arrogant? Humble? Laid back? Stressed out? Opinionated? Superstitious? Paranoid?
Serena is a humble, person when in the presence of other Inquisitors but when she is alone with her warband she is a very laid back, but when she has been given a mission or task set by Jackal Khan she is very focused on everything around her and what she has to do.

How did your character become an <Inquisitor/Rogue Trader/Arbite/Whatever>?
She became a acolyte to Jackal Khan by proving herself against many others as she was the fastest and most agile of all hopeful recruits in the scholar Progenium, while also being athletic and cunning in her execution of her task set by Jackal Khan himself.

How does he see his role? Is he a crusading knight? A subtle schemer? A Diplomat?
She see's herself as the next generation of the human species that has grown through battle and war.

WS55 BS54 S58 T57 I59 Wp60 Sg54 Nv53 Ld64

Equipment: Harden Flak Armour on Chest and Abdomens, Flak armour everywhere else except Head, Two Sub Machine Pistols with Two reloads each, Two Knives

Skills: Acrobatic, Catfall, Fast Draw and Gunfighter

please C&C it will be gratefully recived

Hiver20