Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Cult Of The Sky-God

Started by greenstuff_gav, April 14, 2013, 08:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, here's a commission i'm doing for a regular at W@R.
Unusually, the crew is starting with a non-combatant and something i've not tried before either so i'm looking forward to this one :)

Here we are at the start: SteveB's awesome Lady Jena

Next i've cut off the pistol holster , her cloak-grasping-hand and her left arm.

it's also subtle, but i've rounded the edge of the cloak off as well; she'll be holding the left side in the opposite grip as if about to wrap it around her :)

so, i'll hopefully have some updates tomorrow as the conversion advances :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

i had hoped to get step by step pics but that didnt happen :lol:

.now can see why shes a noncombatant :-)
i ciuldnt get rid of the purity seal so changing it to a halo-topped skull.. the sign of the Almighty :-)

Build Your Imagination

Radu Lykan

it might just be the pic but is she pregnant? just blew my mind with ideas for how much fun pregnancy could be in inquisitor, what the child could be and possible plots etc

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Radu Lykan on April 23, 2013, 12:03:53 PMjust blew my mind with ideas for how much fun pregnancy could be in inquisitor
Find a mother and ask her how fun pregnancy is. :P

While certainly potentially interesting, it strikes me as a wee bit odd as a thing to model, seeing it's a plot hook that can only run for so long.
... unless of course she's just always being endlessly impregnated (and a little leeway is being used as regards the fact her model is always eight months pregnant), in which case it's getting to the point of "eeeeewww"...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Dionzi

Just a note: unless she's got an abnormally high pelvic girdle combined with an atypically-placed uterus, the "baby bulge" is a bit high...is it too late to mod the sculpt so it's closer to where the preggers-pot is supposed to be?
SKYFALL MINIATURES

DapperAnarchist

She could be pregnant, but delaying it interminably, Iain M. Banks style. I mean, they can clone bodies, extend energetic life into the hundreds reliably, and produce (with difficulty) a drug that lets people change shape. I think pausing the development of a fetus shouldn't be that difficult in comparison.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

krenshar

Having been eight months gone for two years and counting, she wondered if the nice young man with the three arms and two heads might not have been as human as he claimed...

greenstuff_gav

so, i'd got this far afore Dionzi / Alhaus commented on lowring the bump :)

so, i've cut off the belleh and resculpted it a bit lower; was playing around with her right arm but not having difficulties :P
now the bump is almost dry i can start messing around with the arms armature a bit :)

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

well, attempt 2 of her right arm still kinda sucks...

but i'm starting to run out of steam :(
so perfect opportunity to start on the next figure!

the familiar mini with resculpted sleeves; possibly going for either huge hand-hole-sections (like what is pictured) or more traditional tapered sleeves.
he's having the cult symbol added to his belt/sash and belt buckle, matching his momma's!

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

um. so apparently i'm missing a load of work :lol:

here's the child sleeve WIP; it's a load of left over GS from another project as an armature:

while he was being worked on i started a bonus figure; Daddy!

that's a knock-up, peices quickly glued together to see if Alhaus liked the concept :)

so greenstuff work and tweak of pose happened;

his shoulderpad says "Accept His Light" referencing the Shining Light of the God-Emperor and the icon of hte halo-ed skull as the cult symbol are evidenced in the purity seals and the sash; i thought i'd put a sash with the icon on each member; if the cult expands it should be easy to add this one detail to unify members :)
the staff-top was a placeholder but i'm now bandying about ideas for that while i tidy up conversion work :)

on the whole i like the way the crew looks and think they stand well together; alot of Inquisitor crews look like individuals when put on display but for a family unit it works better that they look pseudo-interactive (and look good separate too!)

Build Your Imagination

realitybytes16

I realise this topic is now ancient, but what became of these minis? I do like the idea of a pregnant woman in Inquisitor, 'tis very interesting.