Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

INQ 28 miniatures by Kebekoi [WIP]

Started by Kebekoi, May 11, 2013, 10:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kebekoi

A short explanation on my 3 INQ28 warbands making of:

At the very begining I got no plan at all, some ideas I have in mind for a while, others just popping in , consecutive to my web wandering... As my bitzbox is large enough I  collect an amount of bitz fairly consequential, that , In my mind, suit the Inquisitor concept.

By the time, after producing a mini or two who pleased me, I decide to settle some kind of  « build order »:
One Ordo Hereticus bunch of radical, sinister bastards, wich I see to be as dark, creepy and scary I could achieve (except the Inquisitor himself as I would based him on the lovely new WFB empire witchunter with little conversion work as I like this model a lot...). Mostly based on WFB models.
One Ordo Xenos warband, radical too as I want at least one Xenos in it, but with a colorful and hightech look/feeling... Based on 40K Xenos models (Necron, Eldar, Dark Eldar,Tau...)
One Ordo Malleus party with an Inquisitor in terminator-armor. This one would be Puritan, the good guys on the board...

Finaly from mini to another I achieve the following retenue for my inquisitor:

HERETICUS: One priest with heavy holy thunderhammer and shotgun, One Zealot Warrior with autogun, One Arcoflagellant, One Sage, One Penitent/Enslaved Psyker, One « weapon-bearer »...

XENOS: One Eldar Sniper, One close combat Warrior, One Daemonhost, One Servo-skull, One « techno-cultiste of parque »...

MALLEUS: One Combat-Servitor, One Imperial Preacher, One Sage/Savant, One Acolyte, One Warrior with heavy stubber...

Hope to post pics ASAP (and then give some more information about them...)

To be follow, feel free to comment!!

Keb.

Kebekoi

Here it is, some fresh pics:

Ordo XENOS:

-inqui: Sylene Weiss Shtrafen (based on Dark Eldar Lahaameene (?)) Some kind of GS cloak would at term hang over his rigth arm...

-Eldar Sniper (based on Eldar Guardian with DE head and imperial guard bitz)

-the Famous « techno-cultiste of parque »: Alae (based on DE witch body with necron arms and legs) the model would hang in the air above his base, the face is a sculpt by a friend of mine I had from long ago, I like this little thing but I was perplexe enough to use it on a mini as it was a totaly flat piece...

-Daemonhost (based on a WFB dryad) would soon receive a GS dress upon her lower end and chain all around her upper body ... I want this model to be as « vertical » as possible...

-the servo-skull

-Close combat human warrior (based on the nice and new « fire saber » Tau)

Kebekoi

ORDO HERETICUS:

the Inquisitor:

the arcoflagellant:

the priest:

The sage and his brother the « bearer », the two are poor skinny humans but the sage as more knowledge skill to offer to the inquisitor:

the devout warrior:

the penitent: I intend to resculpt the clothes beneath the knees and adding some chains and holy sigil all over this enslaved psyker...

Kebekoi

ORDO MALLEUS:

The inquisitor with terminator armor:

the acolyte: this one would receive a GS long coat, a GS powerfist (left hand) and some long floating hair cut ... it's the model who need the most of GS work so probably the last I go with...

The warrior:

The combat-servitor:

The sage:

The preacher:

MarcoSkoll

While there's some good stuff here and it'll be interesting to see how you develop it (the Malleus sage has some real potential), I'm not very keen on the Eldar sniper.

Aside from the fact the Eldar are a bunch of capricious racists and don't generally fit into an Imperial warband in concept, the Imperial parts just don't match the style of the Eldar model.
And, if I am honest, it's not really "right" - the kind of Eldar you might find on an Inquisitor table would be really very different. The Exterminatus article on Eldar focused on wanderers like Rangers or Corsairs - the Eldar paths make many of the common archetypes really unlikely to appear on the table.

What I find a little sad when people want a Xenos in their warband is that they almost inevitably jump for one of the big races rather than being more inventive and coming up with a new race. It's a whole galaxy, there's plenty of room for minor species.

I'm also not that keen on the Malleus Inquisitor. The Grey Knight helmet is easily recognised, so the model still really looks a lot like a Grey Knight. He could probably do with a head swap.

If I can offer some photography advice, turn down the exposure settings on your camera - some areas of the picture are very overexposed. I had to darken some of them down in Photoshop before I could actually see what some of the parts were.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kebekoi

Thank's for the advice about photography... Sure I'm not a good photographer at all!!

Concerning the eldar, I could understand that it's a little "cliché", and not so right fluff wise, but I fall on this guardian in my bitzbox and want to do something with it, some kind of ranger/sniper, without the usual cloak as I think it would mask the eldar design of the mini...

Anyway I go with him nonetheless, but I certainly plan another conversion more "in the rules" if I ever play INQ one day.

Thank's for the comment...Hope post some more soon if I could manage to do some GS work.

Keb.

Kebekoi

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on May 12, 2013, 04:02:27 PM

What I find a little sad when people want a Xenos in their warband is that they almost inevitably jump for one of the big races rather than being more inventive and coming up with a new race. It's a whole galaxy, there's plenty of room for minor species.

This is judicious!! After some night thinking I certainly make a try at creating a new species of XENOS, it's not totally fix in mind but I'm on it....more to come.

I owe you one big challenge, Marco!! Thank you!! ;)

Keb.