Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Welcome to the Truth (or the Conclave Archive) OOC

Started by Macabre, June 16, 2013, 11:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

A brief message up: a little fun to occupy anyone who wants to try and crack it whilst I get another post sorted.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Koval

Qrsao 1: Ropps – Mjhkgoro. Kpjmoobdia rj Qrsao 2. Poibozujtq sr Sgdoqrps. Fgjibdfo, kgoso ypdia jtp hoqqoiaop. Hjirsato, D sh qrdgg svsdrdia xjtp pokjpr ji jtp Kpjbdasg Qji.

I suspect it's got multiple levels.

MarcoSkoll

Looks like there's a letter missing. I'm guessing it should be:

51 72 73 61 6f 20 31 3a 20 52 6f 70 70 73 20 ef bf bd 20 4d 6a 68 6b 67 6f 72 6f 2e 20 4b 70 6a 6d 6f 6f 62 64 69 61 20 72 6a 20 51 72 73 61 6f 20 32 2e 20 50 6f 69 62 6f 7a 75 6a 74 71 20 73 72 20 53 67 64 6f 71 72 70 73 2e 20 46 67 6a 69 62 64 66 6f 2c 20 6b 67 6f 73 71 6f 20 79 70 64 69 61 20 6a 74 70 20 68 6f 71 71 6f 69 61 6f 70 2e 20 48 6a 69 72 73 61 74 6f 2c 20 44 20 73 68 20 71 72 64 67 67 20 73 76 73 64 72 64 69 61 20 78 6a 74 70 20 70 6f 6b 6a 70 72 20 6a 69 20 6a 74 70 20 4b 70 6a 62 64 61 73 67 20 51 6a 69 2e

Or, not in hexadecimal:

Qrsao 1: Ropps – Mjhkgoro. Kpjmoobdia rj Qrsao 2. Poibozujtq sr Sgdoqrps. Fgjibdfo, kgosqo ypdia jtp hoqqoiaop. Hjirsato, D sh qrdgg svsdrdia xjtp pokjpr ji jtp Kpjbdasg Qji.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Maltheus

...and the post is up.
It feels good to be part of this all over again!!!

Luke
"I am an arms dealer, Fitting you with weapons in the form of words.
And...don't really care which side wins
As long as the room keeps reading...That's just the business I'm in."

Inquisitor Sargoth

For those confused and with limited time to trawl the archive....

PLOT HOOKS

1) Archive reveals corrupt Inquisition!

It contradicts official history! People might try to prove it a forgery, verify it, use it as a political weapon against the Inquisition, look for people assumed dead (like Maltheus) and any other loose ends.

2) Sanguinius on Terra

Is this actually true? A vile heretic, posing as a primarch and saint? What the hell is this?

3) Secret's Hold.

Drawing lots of Inquisitorial (and other) types to see what's there. Maybe something is there]...
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Shard

Hey everyone, account brushed off and ready to post  ;D

Thanks for that Sargoth, that's a nice little list and as good a place to start as any.

(Also, almost certain that all my characters are dead because REASONS and it makes it easier that way. What was I even thinking with a Witch Hunter called Von Helsing? That serebite storyline with weird resurrection stuff? Bah, time to bring forth a new age of fire and blood!)

Dosdamt

Ah, apologies for the hugehugehuge post. More scene setting and Terran politick.

I'll start posting smaller posts. I promise.
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Koval

Yes, I did wonder at all the doorstoppers in what I assume are the formative stages of this revival :P

MarcoSkoll

The arbitrator describing the incident appears to have confusion as to which sex the individual was, starting with "He" and then using "her" a lot. If I'm not mistaken about this being the incident Macabre posted, it'd be the former.

Also, you mention a pistol - I'd read it as the individual genuinely not being armed and the reaching for an absent firearm being a way to invoke suicide by cop.

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

There were three individual strikes, I would hazard that Ben's character was investigating another strike-site. And the unfortunately dead patsy may indeed have been female and armed.

MarcoSkoll

Fair do's.

But, in whichever case, the sentence is confused about the sex of the perpetrator.

GW's =I= articles

Dosdamt

That it is Marco, and thanks for spotting that (and actually reading my post of 4.5k words)

The use of the Tiresias Configuration should become apparent soon (referencing Blizzard soon there, btw).

I've tried to leave Terra open, and draw in some of the history of the Conclave there as well, as Ishigiru was elected to be the Lord Terran. That will allow us to have that Terra bickering, backstabbing and bluffing we're all so fond of.

I am afraid I lied, I have one more probably will be quite large post to come, that I'll be writing up, and then from there I'll move things forward to Secret's Hold.

Thanks!

EDIT - Marco, Koval, if you gents are still looking to get involved, I'm around to bounce ideas off. Drop me an email, and I'll give you a hand getting something up and running. Same goes for anyone else lurking who is maybe tempted to get involved as well.
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

MarcoSkoll

There has been some (very) brief discussion behind the scenes between Koval and I about playing a couple of characters with a bit of shared history.

We've got one of our Dark Heresy sessions (via Skype) this evening, so that might get some more discussion then.

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Maltheus

I'd like to echo the offer to bounce ideas around with.  I may have been in absentia for quite some time, but I have been 'actively creative' for that time.  I'm sure we can work up something fun.

Great post, Dosdamt!  (I read ALL those words too!!!)
"I am an arms dealer, Fitting you with weapons in the form of words.
And...don't really care which side wins
As long as the room keeps reading...That's just the business I'm in."

Macabre

Two posts up, one in the parent thread and one in a new one called The Sleeper must Awaken. The latter being a personal thread to explore off-scene stuff related to my characters which will coalesce later.

More in another day or two.

(the astute amongst you will notice that I've recycled an old IC post of mine from a personal thread that never went anywhere because I couldn't think of anything to do with it at the time.)