Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Welcome to the Truth (or the Conclave Archive) OOC

Started by Macabre, June 16, 2013, 11:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N01H3r3

Having gained a passion for the intricacies of the Adeptus Mechanicus over the last few years, I thought I'd try something different this time around. Magos-Juris Automachus Oshek is a threatening figure, who has little or no regard for the lives of anyone involved with the Conclave's iniquitous past. Factions within the Adeptus Mechanicus have decreed that the Conclave is a Heresy against the Machine (for reasons too heavy with exposition to go into yet), and its architects are to be hunted down and eradicated...

...this, for reasons of narrative convergence, will bring him into contact with others exploring the secrets of the Conclave-That-Was.

I may still bring the Eldar into this as another faction (as cruel, enigmatic and mercurial as ever), elsewhere, but this felt like something sufficiently distinct from what I'd done before, and yet similarly inhuman in its utter disconnection from the norms of humanity.
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.

Dosdamt

Just a touch of insight into J. I wanted to expand on her MO, and came to a happy conclusion along with a better idea of her operation.

Looking good so far - nice to see two more posts in there. Great to see the thread moving forward.
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Macabre

Extra long post is up, sorry it took so long.

Hope you enjoy.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Dosdamt

So, there's a power vacuum and now an ideological attack on Terra, and we have movements on all sides - some heading to Secret's Hold and others making moves to manage the Terran situation. I might suggest we could use some Terran presence to help manage that situation. J will be heading to Secret's Hold, meeting Havoc, Hound and Cog en route. It would be good if we could trouble Menti to begin Taking people through the depths of Secret's Hold - or at least give us a strong indication of what's in there and let others wander through.

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Mentirius

Ye gods, those are some weighty posts...thoroughly enjoyable stuff, if a little intimidating in light of my own failure to produce anything yet.  I have a ton of ideas for this story; it's turning them into actual words that presents more of a problem.  To say my linguistic skills are rusty is a gross understatement...

Anyhow, I should be able to grab a couple of hours on this after work, so with any luck a shortish post should appear some time this evening.  In a worst case scenario where nothing fit for publication comes together in time, I'll throw some of the aforementioned ideas on this OOC so people aren't left high and dry. 

Piousservant

Quote from: Dosdamt on July 07, 2013, 11:20:59 PM
I might suggest we could use some Terran presence to help manage that situation.

Hmmm, a Terran presence you say...

There's some really good stuff in this story and I'm not sure I should stick my (even rustier) oar in at this juncture, but I might be able to offer something Terra-based... Will have a think on it...

"Here lies a toppled God,
His Fall was not a small one,
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one."

Dosdamt

Pious, Menti, I can only recommend just chucking something out there. Throw down a few hundred words, even if rushed.

Momentum and looking to post perfection can be a killer sometimes, and if we are to learn a lesson from before, it's that we shouldn't be afraid of posting away a couple of hundred words to keep things going. I've got another weighty post coming but from there I'll be posting reactively, as that will be the final scene setting post I need to create. I'll be working on some background and round about stuff as well, as I have a few ideas I want to keep quiet-er, and discuss with a few individuals, to get their view.

Mentirius

Right, I'm up to 400ish words but I'm afraid I really do have to go out now, and this post simply is not finished...it's not a matter of polishing, I just haven't introduced the thing I've been building towards yet and am loathe to post it half-done.  I might be able to get it up later, if I get in early enough, but otherwise it'll have to be tomorrow.  Definitely no later than tomorrow though - I do agree with what you've said about momentum.  I'll also knock out some OOC stuff as soon as I can.  Sorry again for the wait!

Dosdamt

No worries. I'm just trying to play the people poker right now while I can. I suspect someone else will need to take up the mantle occasionally.

Inquisitor Sargoth

It's a veritable who's who over here. Dosdamt summoned me, and I'd like to register my interest.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Dosdamt

Pious, getting things rolling on Terra would be good

I've left it open, with regards to the election of a new Lord Terran of the Inquisition. Might you be wanting to fill that slot? Take advantage of the chaos? SIMPLY KILL SOME HERETICS? All good options

It would be good to get some politick going, J has a presence on Terra and she tried to use it alot

Mentirius

Welcome back Pious and Sargoth!  If this keeps up we'll soon have literally everyone back on here...

Charax: That Was Awesome.   Why do I get the feeling this foreshadows another showdown with Nathan? ;)

I've now posted on a rather smaller scale, introducing...something for Secret's Hold.  The Mentirians can wait; I found an old plot hook I couldn't resist.  Expect gribblies.

Dosdamt

Somehow, I just knew you couldn't resist gribbly.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Well, after last time, I know what to expect at least....

*sharpens pointy stick*

Ready

On topic, I'm readying another post, it's already looking a little behemoth-y at 2415 words, and I think I'm about 1/3 done. I may post a portion of it to keep things moving, mind, if that seems sensible. There's more backstory on J, and a portion of Terran politick.

Inquisitor Maltheus

I've ALMOST caught up with the IC thread and I'm working my way through this OOC thread.  I am glad to be back....VERY EXCITED to see everyone here!
Expect a post...SOON.

Luke/Maltheus
"I am an arms dealer, Fitting you with weapons in the form of words.
And...don't really care which side wins
As long as the room keeps reading...That's just the business I'm in."

TheNephew

Since this thread at the moment seems to be Old One-heavy, should I be doing my best to hack through the posted archives before embarking on catching up with the IC posts, in order to stand a chance of understanding the weight of the matters being discussed?