Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Welcome to the Truth (or the Conclave Archive) OOC

Started by Macabre, June 16, 2013, 11:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Maltheus

As there are a few plots developing here (all of which will eventually intersect, I'm sure....) and it will make sense at some point to create individual or smaller group threads..what if we developed a naming convention of sorts to distinguish or identify threads that are involved with the overall storyline?

For example, I post a thread dealing with Maltheus and Novus.  Ben is also involved....We call it "Strawberry Fields Forever".  It takes place at Secret's Hold.  AND it has to do with the overall story arc (which we haven't named...but let's go with the Welcome to the Truth title for now....).  SO... the title could read as such:
"Strawberry Fields Forever (WTT, SH)"

Just an idea....and once the interactive threads pick up this will all start to come together more. 

Or you can all tell me to go pound sand....I'm good with that too. 

Luke
"I am an arms dealer, Fitting you with weapons in the form of words.
And...don't really care which side wins
As long as the room keeps reading...That's just the business I'm in."

Koval

TheNephew

Works for me - nobody needs to force their current line into the main plot, and we can blend at will.

Does this mean we need some sort of indexing?
If Ben and Luke meet (Strawberry fields), but are primarily focusing on (or even just maintaining) separate threads (Lemons and grapes, respectively), do we start quoting thread and post number in an OOC thread to keep track of things said/done in Strawberry that impact Lemons?
Duplicating IC posts in all relevant threads seems inelegant.

Would it be worth going back and cutting those posts that form a separate thread out, and putting them in... well, a separate thread?

Inquisitor Maltheus

I will go with what I know from the previous boards....where things got very epic and expansive rather quickly...and there was no need to duplicate IC threads at all.  (Occasionally, the last bit of a previous post would be copied and pasted just for continuity's sake...but full duplications were not necessary.)  My suggestion is simply to mark the title of your post to indicate if it's part of this OVERALL story arc or not.  If you wish to further sub categorize...then that would work as well....but this does NOT need to get too complicated. 

For instance...I am about to post my follow up to Joe's (TheNephew's) latest post.  I think it's time this can be moved to it's own thread.  I can move it to it's own IC thread, entitled whatever I think would work...and place in parentheses the bigger story arc initials or numbering....
Just need to know what we are going to call it....are we going with 'Welcome to the Truth' as the larger story...or a new name?  I'm good with whatever....
Luke

Dosdamt

Hi all

Apologies for not being around

I had a bit of a family issue, and haven't been around for the last three weeks or so

Normal service will be resumed shortly
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Merriweather

Hello guys,

I was swallowed whole by work. Am I too late to the party, or can I make an entrance. If so, will post over new year.

Bw,
Merrweather

MarcoSkoll

To be honest, this has pretty much petered out.

I'm still around and willing to make contributions (the character I had devised was one that I did want to explore) but, as previously said, I am not familiar enough with the Old Conclave to be hugely proactive in guiding a story based around it.

Without the input of others, contributing to this has been secondary to exploring my solo narratives.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

Unfortunately this was an Old Guard project, many of whom are now in their 30's with outside commitments. Chances are it won't resurface again (although I will probably cannibalise the plot into a solo story instead).
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Dosdamt

Hello

Sorry all - as above, I had a family issue - we had a death in the family, I had to go back to Ireland, and have experienced all manner of horrible over the last couple of months. Strangely enough, I've been pondering storylines and updates over the last couple of days

I can't promise anything, but I am tippy tapping again on a keyboard.

-Ben

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

TheNephew

I'm half-heartedly poking something that should eventually turn out to be related to a strain of this.
Maybe I'll get it mostly done some time this year and stuck up here.

So maybe the big plot thing can continue crawling along in a not-quite-dead fashion, rather than just rotting away.

Inquisitor Maltheus

For what it's worth, I too came into some hard times and life swallowed me whole.  Well, a divorce...a retirement, and several other unnamed heresies later, I'm still kicking around if anyone wants to accept a near 40 year old writer to join them in this or any other Inquisitor related writing.  I will always love this universe and style of writing.  Thanks for keeping this forum alive. 

Van Helser

Great to hear you're around again. Flexing my writing muscles after so long would be a good thing. Whether or not old plots are picked up on again there is potential to get the IC forum running at a slightly less glacial pace.

Ruaridh

Dosdamt

If anyone is still monitoring this, hello.

Hi.

It's fair to say I would expect no one to be around.

But I need to write and, strangely, after a(nother) continental move and two work promotions I find myself in more control over my time.

And I feel inspired for the first time in *years*

So I will put out the feelers, and more importantly, I'll be trying to write.

-Ben

Dosdamt

Well, I've done what summoning I could. I'm in contact with InquisitorMaltheus, Mentirius, Macabre and more. Those who return, will, and for the rest, I will continue to plug away.

-Ben

MarcoSkoll

Well, I can see I'm going to have to refresh my knowledge of all this, which is going to be a challenge, seeing as it was all a bit over my head in the first place, with all the references to stuff from before my time.

(It's all a bit odd that I've ended up in charge of the place, given that I'm too new to remember that era of a black and green Conclave).

I'll try to catch myself up over the next few days.

Quote from: Dosdamt on February 29, 2020, 05:40:51 AMI'm in contact with InquisitorMaltheus
I know you sent through a message about this, but I've not heard anything more since I sent a reply, so I'm not sure you received it.
(I initially thought about sending this via PM, but I figure that Maltheus might possibly see it here).

If Maltheus needs an e-mail updated, can the request please be sent through from the specific e-mail address you want me to use? (Send the request to theconclaveforum at gmail.com).

As the 'Clave is registered as a .co.uk site, I have to at least try to comply with UK data protection law, which doesn't allow me to use someone's personal data without their consent. (Although I have no reason to believe that it's not an honest request, that's not concrete enough legally).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles