Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Hello Guys, new to Conclave : iOS inquisitor research

Started by UberChew, July 01, 2013, 04:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UberChew

Quote from: Dosdamt on July 03, 2013, 05:33:55 PM

Story, and an element of GM fiat. As per DapperAnarchist's post, failure doesn't always have to mean failure. I would also like to see a mix of clue hunting, action, and adventure. Part of inquisitor is that which goes on in the margins, not just at the end of the barrel of a gun. I'd challenge you to look at Dark Heresy, and the other 40k RPG books as well, to get a rounded feel for the Inquisition and its works.

The reason my team is looking at inquisitor as an idea is for these reasons that there is alot an inquisitor gets up to that does not involve killing everything on site.

Quote from: Dosdamt on July 03, 2013, 05:33:55 PM

My preference would be my own character, the reality is that archetypes would be simpler and more consistent in implementation, and would hopefully empower you as a business to tell an interesting story. I'd suggest having three archetypes - puritan / warrior, psyker / neutral, radical / "tech" , tech being daemonswords, and similar proscribed items.

We are looking at the retinue and the "types" like you describe and how they could effect the game if in the inquisitors party

Dosdamt

That's good. A few more thoughts

Please dont have the action be like the QTE action in some games. It isn't fun. Some manual shooting / psyking / hacking would be better and the closer to real time the better. However, having turn based isometric action would be interesting, and again something I'd be all for as I think that could work exceedingly well based on the Inquisitor ruleset / concept, factoring in the ability to acquire henchmen - and create others .... (daemonhosts, daemonweapons, and the like).

Competitive conversations / interrogations would be neat, though I don't know how difficult to implement.
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs