Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Work on scout model from the conclave

Started by Shannow, November 07, 2013, 01:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

Hi all,

I've just got round to working on the scout that Gav very nicely presented to me at the last conclave, I really like the model so nothing drastic so far. Planning on keeping him as a scout with a cool do or perhaps making him a high ranking captain from a hive gang or something such like. Anyhoo heres a few pics. Updates soon hopefully!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Koval

Very nice. Not sure about the bolters as they are, purely because they've got the front grips -- is there any chance of shortening them down a bit to make them look a bit more pistol-y?

I'd be inclined to give him a cape of some sort as well, or maybe a backpack.

Shannow

Thanks Koval! As far as the bolter go, I've never really been into 40K that much so they just don't look like grips to me but I appreciate they will to many people but I'm happy enough with them. I am considering giving them a llittle bit of smoke curling from the barrel to spice them up a bit.

A cape was definitely one of the options I was considering, but that would shift it more to a scout theme than a Hiver one so I will ponder it some more.

Thanks again!

R
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Van Helser

Doesn't have to be a camo cape - could be a glorious bright red, or have a great big bit of gang insignia on it. Much more gang than scout.

Ruaridh

Shannow

I really liked the idea of the hiver with a big grand cloak so I've gone with that idea.

Pics are awful due to phone use and no light blah blah blah many apologies! Comments would be most welcome.

Much work to do obviously.

Planning ahead I was thinking yellow and black on the body as a whole with pink/green hair and coat, thinking very garish neo punk esque.

R

Time to die.