Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Rumour – Warhammer 40,000: Inquisition

Started by Heroka Vendile, July 16, 2013, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Holy balls.

TL/DR: rumour that GW will release Inquisitor-style mini game a'la Space Hulk and Dreadfleet.

I think it'd be great for GW to relaunch this "wing" of the 40k IP in this way, especially if it sticks around long-term as a gateway game rather than the flash in the pan Space Hulk re-release.

DISCUSS!
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Dosdamt

Holy mother of .... I'm not gonna get *too* excited just yet. However, even out here in Canadaland, I'll be getting my grubby paws all over them.
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

MarcoSkoll

Hmm. Apprehensive, as a conflicting ruleset might interfere with the growth of INQ28 (which, for the record, Mr BoK doesn't appear to know what it is. I think he's got it confused with one of the Necromunda based hybrids), which is rather important to the continued survival of the Inquisitor game in general.

Alternatively, if there are nice models, it could be a boon.

But I really don't know yet. I'll have to think more.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dosdamt

I'd agree in general Marco, however specific 28mm models in a nice shiny box would be pretty awesome, I'd take it, and if the new rules are limiting / somewhat confuddled, then I'd just ignore them and use base Inq28.
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

greenstuff_gav

especially as Relic's Space Marine Piece looks like it's almost artemis sized (i didn't have an arty to hand when i seen it)

but i'm gearing up to have to buy 2.. thanks GW's Ltd Ed Price-Gouging...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Koval

Charax

at the very least whatever the box is will be a good source of Inq28 parts
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Saussure

I find myself strangely in two minds about this as well. Still, let's just sit tight and see if anything ever materialises!

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Kallidor

Read about this on a few other forums and I hope it is true. The alternative is Blood Bowl, which, whilst it has always intrigued me, is not something I reckon I would buy.

I've seen people say it will be composed of John Blanche inspired models (hence all the recent White Dwarf articles) and could be GW trying to get back into skirmis games.

I hope it is true, I'll certainly buy a box if it is.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kallidor on July 18, 2013, 07:38:03 PMI've seen people say it will be composed of John Blanche inspired models (hence all the recent White Dwarf articles) and could be GW trying to get back into skirmis games.
As I pointed out on Warseer (a post that for some reason has been deleted...), I don't think Blanchitsu's coverage of Inquisitor themed models is to do with this game.

The inverse might be true (the coverage inspired the game), but John's involvement in the various communities that produce 28mm Inquisitor styled models often extends to attending and playing at events, which would seem an excessive cover-up if it was all just corporate ploy.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles