Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Skitarius with Tau tech

Started by Kaled, September 25, 2009, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Having spent the last few weeks (months?) working on the Arvus I was keen to get on and build a new character.  This one is another member of my Explorator's warband - a Skitarius equipped with recovered Tau technology.  The original idea was for a model based on John Blanche's sketch of a Cybernetic Guard in Visions but as I started putting him together he ended up looking rather different.  The bust cannon is intended to represent a stripped down one from an XV-15 stealth suit.  He also has some form of Tau sensor array linked to his eyepiece.

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Heroka Vendile

Doesn't quite look Mechanicus enough to me, perhaps some purity seals would solve that.
Also that's one of the Inq civilian bodies you've used there isn't it?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Hadriel Caine

that looks cool. I've dabbled with Tau tech AdMech before myself. this looks much more, organic.

Not sure about the left arm to be honest, I think a human arm could work better to emphasise that he isn't actually a tau battlesuit... To be fair the paint job will show this well anyway.

It's stone's right shoulder pad for sure, I can't make out the torso without my glasses though.

good work!

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Kaled

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on September 25, 2009, 03:06:40 PM
Doesn't quite look Mechanicus enough to me, perhaps some purity seals would solve that.
Well, he does have a purity seal on his chest, but I decided to avoid adding more purity seals as Kryzak doesn't see any need to add them to xeno-tech.  While he accepts that the alien mechanism is a perversion of the true path, he believes that the knowledge used to create the technology still comes from the Omnissiah - and as the knowledge is divine in origin there is no need to certify it as pure (and the alien tech itself is impure so there's no point sticking a purity seal on it).  I plan to paint him in a black and red colour scheme, so once he's painted he should look like a member of the AdMech and ought to fit in nicely with the rest of Kryzak's warband.

QuoteAlso that's one of the Inq civilian bodies you've used there isn't it?
Yep - it's the one from the guy with the welders mask.

Quote from: Adam Cunis on September 25, 2009, 04:34:17 PM
Not sure about the left arm to be honest, I think a human arm could work better to emphasise that he isn't actually a tau battlesuit...
Does the left arm make him look like a battlesuit?  It's not something that had occurred to me.  However, as you say, I think once he's painted it'll be obvious where his allegiance is.

Hadriel Caine

it doesn't SCREAM battlesuit but the more armour on his limbs the less flesh the less human... I dunno just what I thought. the paint job will completely reassure me!

do you by any chance have any pics of the civilian parts?

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Kaled

Quote from: Adam Cunis on September 25, 2009, 05:56:02 PM
do you by any chance have any pics of the civilian parts?
No, but there are some on the Collecting Citadel Miniatures wiki;
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Inquisitor_54mm

Hadriel Caine

thanks for the link- i had forgotten about that wiki.

just need to track down dome civilians now...

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Adam Cunis on September 25, 2009, 06:37:57 PMjust need to track down dome civilians now...

good luck with that then =/
the most interesting and different kit GW release for inquisitor, which barely got one print run.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Tullio

Was the choice of Sept for the base deliberate or just what looked good?

Tullio

Kaled

I wasn't intended to be a Sept symbol when I started making it, merely a variation on the bases I'd used for the rest of the warband - however, having drawn out the pattern I realised it'd unintentionally replicated a Tau symbol...  It seemed fitting so I kept it.

Tullio

Well, it looks cool. I like the use of the ... Plasma Cannon backpack, I think it is, from the plastic Devastators?

Tullio

Darios

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on September 25, 2009, 08:49:52 PM
Quote from: Adam Cunis on September 25, 2009, 06:37:57 PMjust need to track down dome civilians now...

good luck with that then =/
the most interesting and different kit GW release for inquisitor, which barely got one print run.

whoa... i didn't know that... i have one kit... but they're by now used for conversions to my admech group... Oo

theemperorswill

hey kaled. tried to e-mail you via web page. not sure if its working so taking this route in the hopes you see it. re your bitz on photobucket? r u interseted in selling as a job lot? what sort of monet per page?
peace.
tony
the emperors will be done

Saussure

theemperorswill, please don't use the open forum for trade and sales discussions. Drop Kaled a personal message via the Conclave's PM function to sort such stuff out in the future, please.

Dave, any progress on this chap?

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Kaled

Quote from: Saussure on October 25, 2009, 01:12:24 PM
Dave, any progress on this chap?
There is actually - I'm just varnishing him now, should be able to upload pics later today.  It seemed like ages since I'd painted a character - felt a bit rusty actually and I don't think he's my best work, but he looks okay and he fits in with the rest of the warband really well.

I've also just started sculpting a Calculus Logi armed with a hunting rifle based on John Blanche's sketch... I'll start a new thread for him when I make a bit more progress.