Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

hi everyone

Started by paper-chase, August 03, 2013, 06:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paper-chase

Hi everyone

My name's paper-chase, pleased to meet you.
I'm new to inquisitor and think the game's awesome, So sorry if I ask some stupid questions
To begin with

Once again nice to meet you all
Thanks
Paper-chase

greenstuff_gav

Welcome To The Conclave!

there's no such thing as stupid questions!

i agree with you; the game's awesome and thankfully so is the community!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

paper-chase

Thanks for the welcome gav, can't wait to get stuck in and see  player's characters and campaigns.

Koval

If you live in the UK, you're more than welcome to come along to a Conclave event whenever one's being held. The next one's at the end of September. :)

paper-chase

Thanks for the info koval, I am in the UK and would really be interested in coming to the September event.  :D

Is there a thread with the event  info?

Cheers

greenstuff_gav

there certainly is!

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2317.0

you'd be more than welcome; we often have people who've never played before come to events; they're a great way to learn!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on August 04, 2013, 06:43:14 PMyou'd be more than welcome; we often have people who've never played before come to events; they're a great way to learn!
They certainly can be - I've seen players play their first games at events and get along fine (with a bit of help).

If you're interested in joining us, I'd suggest throwing around some character/rules ideas and such in the rules discussion section when you're ready - we'll be able to give you some advice on them in advance and help give you the best possible experience.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I played my first game of Inquisitor at an event. And they're great experiences whether you've played only one game or a whole bunch. You get to meet a load of fellow geeks whose main objective is (or, well, should be) to make that event really fun.

But yeah, September 28th @ Warhammer World. If you show us your character ideas before then, we can help you refine them. Remember, we might look scary, but we're here to help :)

If you want to PM me, Marco or Gav about things you're not sure about, then feel free -- I'll definitely help you out, and I'm sure Marco and Gav will do their best as well.

paper-chase

Thanks for such a warm welcome dudes I'm really up for the September event
Need to think of some characters now ;D

I'll see what I can come up with and post soon

Cheers

Koval

A quick notice, though -- most of the 54mm models are now OOP, so if you're starting from scratch you might find that going for 28mm stuff gives you more flexibility. A couple of us are going dual-scale for the Eramus Affair in September, so whatever you end up wanting to do, I say go for it.

MarcoSkoll

If you should want to go 54mm though, many of the old GW models can still be found relatively easily/cheaply via eBay (there are still the rare ones that you'll need luck and money to get hold of) and there are a lot of other good 54mm manufacturers out there* - there's a big resources thread in the Painting and Modelling section.

*Although you're not supposed to use other manufacturers in a GW store (such as WHW is), the staff there either don't know** or don't care, as I've yet to see anyone actually get in trouble for it!
** But to be fair to them, a lot of the models we take up there are completely sculpted or heavily converted, so telling the imposters from the genuine articles and the scratch-builds is a tall order.

But whatever you want to do! I'm probably going to be bringing both 28mm and 54mm myself (although exactly what proportion I'll use them in is a mystery).

GW's =I= articles

paper-chase

Thanks for the info guys, I have managed to get hold of some of the 54mm models (eBay)
But I might try my hand at 28mm as well any suggestions on what 28mm models work the best?

Koval

"What works best" is really best answered by your imagination and converting ability -- I personally prefer keeping things simple, but at the same time I've seen some models where you'd have a hard time guessing what the starting point had been if they hadn't told you.

It also depends on what you're aiming to produce, so while the Astropath from this set can be turned into a sanctioned psyker or Adept with very little work, you'd be ill-advised to use him as the starting point for a sniper. :P

MarcoSkoll

28mm Inquisitor modelling really is down to your favoured approach.

Many such models are crafted entirely or almost entirely from combinations of the 28mm plastic kits. Obviously, this gives a large number of options and relative freedom in posing without extensive dissection being needed.
As a personal note, this isn't so much my thing though, as I dislike the detail and undercut limitations on plastic models.

The growing Finecast range is reasonably popular as, if you can tolerate its foibles, it's easy to cut up for conversion. It's fairly common to see Finecast models cut up to some extent, then perhaps spliced with another model (often the upper body of one model combined with the legs of another) and built back up with other (often plastic) heads, arms, weapons, etc.

Metals are somewhat out of favour in the 28mm community (I guess some people have gone 28mm because they don't like metal so much, which is fair enough - but also, most 28mm metals don't break down as conveniently as the 54mm metals), but that's no reason not to use them if such appeals to you; as an example, it makes up most of my 28mm collection. (This is not to say anyone has to go as nuts as I do with it though).

GW's =I= articles