Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First inquisitor model

Started by Shard0808, September 16, 2013, 05:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shard0808

Hello conclave
Here is my first inquisitor model, Inquisitor Helena Shal'tan. There was a small amount of controversy over the model used being slightly too fantasy barbarian and not quite 40k enough, I've got plenty of bits to add on if any folk think it could do with some. Your opinion is much valued, as always

http://m1000.photobucket.com/albums/Shard0808?newest=1

Apologies by the way for the shoddy resolution, hopefully you can still make it out (this is due to my currently having no laptop so everything being a mobile upload)
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Koval

It certainly looks like she's more suitably attired now, and IMO the end result is very pretty and extremely well done.

Appreciate the need for mobile uploading, but do you think you can zoom in a bit? Looking in particular at the first couple of photos, you've managed to give us some rather nice views of your floor while making sure to get the whole model in -- could you focus a bit more on individual areas, for example the face and maybe her sword?

Shard0808

Thanks for the comments Koval, some more photos have been uploaded close in, though at that range the resolution begins to really tell and the limits of my phones camera begin to show with its inability to focus so close. But still, hopefully everyone should be able to see the overall effect of the model :)
You must gather your party before venturing forth

MarcoSkoll

It is indeed very well done, as Koval says.

I do have one nitpick though - while I think the choice of painting large areas as close fitting clothing rather than skin was a very good one, the fact said clothing goes into her navel takes the appearance of "painted on clothing" to a somewhat too literal level!

It could do with a weeny bit of green stuff to fill in the belly button.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles