Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

2014 Dual Scale Spring Event -- Ancient Rites -- WHW, May 3rd

Started by Koval, September 28, 2013, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

what Marco said; at The Eramus Affair we had two players who'd never played before and everyone had a good time :)
thankfully with inquisitor not knowing rules isn't a handicap due to its more RPG aspects!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

TallulahBelle

Is the lack of my 28mm band an issue? The models are either oos or not past rendering yet as it stands for my central character.

Koval

It's not an issue at all, in fact if you want to play at only one scale that's always been an option :-)

Cortez

I am definitely still coming. Although several of the models I'm planning on bringing are still unpainted. Maybe I'll have time to get started this weekend instead of painting them the day before like usual.

krenshar

I'll be there.  Granted, every time I've said this previously, I've then had to bow out.  But train ticket is bought, I've got 54mm and painting is underway on an allied 28mm set.

MarcoSkoll

Hoo boy. Fortunately I was paying attention earlier today, as it wouldn't be great to book tickets out of St Pancras when I can't get to Euston because of a line closure south of home on May Day weekend.

Fortunately, the line north seems to be fine that weekend - although not being able to go through Watford Junction means I won't be able to get a train out of Nottingham any later than 8. That's not normally a problem though, it seems most people make their excuses by then anyway.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Bloodpact

Sorry its a bit last minute, but im afraid im gonna have to drop out of this one. Got my 28mm warband almost done and everything!
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

Koval

Owing to work related shenanigans and the fact that I have to move at very short notice, I've arranged for Marco to be the new Head GM -- this event is still going ahead but it's looking ever more likely I won't be attending. :(

Myriad

Cool, I can still remember my password.  Holiad is attending, and is dragging myself out of exile in North Yorkshire  :).
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

MarcoSkoll

I can also reassure you all the event is still going ahead - I'm not expecting it to be a massive affair with quite as many drop-outs as have been announced, but there should be enough of us to have some fun regardless.

There'll be some shiny toys too - I've managed to add a character to Lady Riemann's group*, I've arranged for Gav to bring along his 28mm Exodite riders and my 54mm Wraithguard has found a friend.

* While I had really hoped to bring along a dual scale Xanthite to really get behind the event, I'm going to be split between Lady Riemann and Inquisitrix Corvus, should I find the opportunity to play.

To cut a long story short, we've had to deal with a sick dog for the last few weeks. And to translate "a sick dog", I mean "a labrador with abominal septic shock caused by peritonitis - extreme internal inflammation, a hugely elevated heart rate, low blood pressure, multiple organ failures and blood coagulation rates so low as to be off the test scales, all complicated by the early stages of pneumonia".

Fortunately, a combination of timeliness, his previous state of health, some of the most skilled vets in the country, a very good insurance policy and a helluva lot of luck defeated the dismally low survival rate normally associated with such things and thus he is back at home and very much alive, (although still due for months of recovery time) but I've been a bit too busy to get on with much modelling.

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Good I was starting to get worried that everyone was going to be unavailable.

greenstuff_gav

i was worried it'd end up like the last day; myself and one other person!
especially as i've hit the negative numbers with my bank account to put fuel into the car to go :P

but that does confirm i will be there; just gotta pack my case, paint 2 more exodites and dig out some glue to take :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

At the moment, I'm more starting to get worried that I may have more players than I'm actually prepared for...

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Well I've managed to finish two of the models I was planning to bring, looks like I'll be making up the numbers from one of my Necromunda gangs  :P

TallulahBelle

I'm on my way having a fraking nightmare grabbed the wrong case have one of my warning and my nox mooks box I'm working on NOT my inquisitor arse o have profiles for the three one model hasn't been posted yet another is at home and yeah.... stressful.