Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Southwest Conclave 13 - Saturday April 5th!

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 15, 2013, 09:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

having Shannow and Dapper closeby and several members of W@R interested, would there be much call for a gathering in Radstock?
either scale, i suspect it'll run like Eramus, no dedicated GMs, no plotcards and flexible with scenarios (instead of each table being separate they'd be themed together regarding where the plot was) and be in either scale (i've got players at both scales)

ideally it'd be a Sunday and if it's small scale it has no overheads (other'n a 1 drink minimum at the bar!); if it's a dozen players or a Saturday then i'd need to speak to the committee regarding hiring fees and booking dates.

so, who'd be up for it, and does anyone have thoughts regarding a SouthWest Conclave?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Unfortunately, Sundays generally rule me out due to their limited train service.

It doesn't help that the venue is quite that far from the nearest station, either. I blame Beeching. :P
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i can taxi from Bath if that helps ;)
although i know it's south enough not going to be viable for a fair few members (which is one of the raisins we still use WHW i suppose :) ) thought i'd offer :)

Build Your Imagination

DapperAnarchist

my one issue is that we will be in or near the murder capital of the UK, Midsomer... Beyond that, probably yes? I never give straight answers.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Cortez

Unfortunately Sundays are probably no good for me. I could potentially work around it and be there for the Sunday afternoon (if I stay with my Brother in London for a few days).

However, realistically speaking it's probably a bit far for only half a day.

TheNephew

Aye, sadly that's still a bit of a trek for me, and it's a touch inconvenient to get to, and Sunday service is probably a pain in the neck.

But I'll definitely try and sort it out if an event does happen - it's still a fair bit closer than Nottingham.

Van Helser

Inverness and Bristol have an airlink, I have old uni friends down that way, I'm desperate for a game... This could work out great for me! When are you thinking? January? Later next year?

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

So if i aim for a january date and can be a saturday or sunday, what dates would people prefer? i would need to check with the commitee regarding a sat and woif there is any bookings

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

I could probably do most Saturdays in January (although it's not a promise), provided I can blag a lift between the station and venue.

Sundays are probably out, as the lack of early trains means I'd get to the station not much earlier than 11... and that'd still leave me 10 miles out, likely with no ride for the rest of the way.
While I like Inquisitor, missing (at least) one game off the start of the day makes the time, money and effort rather less palatable as an expense.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I wouldn't be able to reach you before about lunchtime no matter how I do it, I think (and then there's the matter of getting back home!), so regrettably I will be unable to attend anything in Radstock unless we ended up making a whole weekend out of it. :(

Van Helser

January is probably the best month for me, and I'd try my best to get to any weekend chosen that month. I'd be down on the Friday regardless as there are no Saturday flights, so could work in either Saturday or Sunday gaming.

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

Live!
So ive been lax on this one mainly due to job hunting / working for minimum wage... would people be up for something on the 5th april? Coincidenly the day after my birfday  and whil weatons Tabletop Day...

I have a plot inmind and think i know how id run it.. would just need writing

Build Your Imagination

Cortez

5th April sounds fine at the moment. I think I should be able to make that.

Van Helser

I will be in New Zealand honeymooning in April.  I think I probably won't make it...

Ruaridh

Cortez

What kind of excuse is that?  ;D