However just how common is humanity's access to soul stone and just how would they create such artifact with them?
It's worth bearing in mind that even amongst the Inquisition, an understanding of spirit stones is going to be limited, other than to those who have specifically studied them.
Certainly the Inquisition know of them and what they do - they've doubtless had psyniscient individuals around them many times in the last ten thousand years - but that's not to say every Inquisitor knows.
The three limitations will be:
- Accessing a spirit stone in the first place. The Eldar are
- Not having your peers take it away. Not just because it's heresy, but perhaps they want it for themselves.
- Not having the Eldar trying to get it back. Bearing in mind how seriously the Eldar take spirit stones, it's pretty likely that any Mon-Keigh with the audacity to steal a Spirit Stone will have someone on their tail - maybe an Outcast, but there are other possibilities, depending on the degree of their indiscretion.
How effective would such algamations of human and eldar tech be?
It varies, but certainly not very.
Knowledge of Xenotech is considered forbidden by both the Imperium and the Adeptus Mechanicus, so actually producing such an amalgamation in the first place is
How rare would such a device be? I hardly think that only one Inquisitor would come up with the idea.
Would it be just an Ordo Xenos idea/thing?
What type of inquisitor would possess such devices?
- The idea is probably not unique, although the devices probably are - cobbled together from different scraps of knowledge, no two will be alike.
- No. They're certainly a candidate, but even without the precedent of Balorodin, I'd consider the Malleus pretty darn likely. This is really as much warp-tech than xenotech.
Radical Thorians looking to study the nature of the warp in a slightly less soul-damning way than consorting with daemons are of course a possibility.
The other alternative is a sort of xeno-xanthite, something the Ammobunker decided to call the Erythite/Erythitan faction within the Ammobunker's Dalthus sector; Xanth-
being the Greek for yellow and Erythr-
(with an extra R) being the Greek for red.
(Xenothite was deemed a bit too much of a pun).
And most importantly how could I work such an human/eldar artifact in with an Inquisitor I'm working on?
Mostly what Koval said.
How they got the idea, how they got what they needed, how they developed it, the testing and the eventual result.
Plus, as I said before, who's trying to get it off them.