Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Sir Carados reveals (almost) all!

Started by Carados, September 28, 2009, 11:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carados

Finally got round to taking pictures!!

I haven't really got any kind of backstory (or even names) for the majority of these, but rest assured I'm working on it.  I decided to put a couple of them in a single shot mainly so I didn't have to take so many pictures.  So just because some of them are grouped together doesn't mean that they are actually part of the same group.  This also means I haven't uploaded some photos of the back of these models, but I'll be more than happy to upload them if requested later this week.

Anyway, here we go
(oh, it's probably really obvious but almost all of these are still work in progress...  ::))

Here is Scarn, pretty much the only character that I can claim to be 100% done (hah!), and a pretty lady who will most probably accompany Carados (see below).

Three bodyguards of Scarn (or another inquisitor).  I really liked the idea of a small group of women with fancy armour and equipment to protect Scarn or other frail members.  Makes a change to the typical badass male.

A pirate or some other naughty person.  A servant to Scarn (or another inquisitor).  And a kroot.

Governor (?) Hand, Basil and Valas.  Basil is a simply one of the acolytes from 40k with its head chopped off and replaced with that of Gruss.  Valas was more involved, with the entire top half composed of different bitz.  The chest, for example, is actually a karskin backback with the vial parts of the Space Marine apothecary chest piece.

A mutant, stormtrooper and a priest (I think).  I decided to lengthen the legs of an ogre and gave him one of the ork nobs weapons (don't know what it is, big shoota?).  Don't think he looks too out of place actually. 

Two simple conversions of the bounty hunter and enforcer.  For the chap on the right I used the boots of a stray chaos warrior, the scything talons of one of the tyranid monstrous creatures, the torso of a necron destroyer and the arms and head of the enforcer.

This is Carados on the left, and another guy on the right.  Carados has a load of bits to him, I'll give anyone 10 cookies if they guess them all  :P.

These are just some alien mercenaries of some description.  I saw an alien bounty hunter ages ago on the green conclave based off the lictor.  Since the lictor is one of my favourite models/creatures I just had to do my own versions.

And there we go.  I do have more models around but I'll let you all absorb these first.
Enjoy.

Discy

Which head is that on the pirate? I don't think I've seen it before.

Oh, and I love the aliens by the way 8)
Beep if you love muties!

Carados

Ah, that head.  Its actually that of Gibbs from the Pirates of the Carribean films.  I saw some toys of them on sale at instore one time, £2 for 4 of them, so I got two packs.  It's that easy to cut plastic but they are the right size so its all good.

Kaled

The bounty hunter conversion looks very cool, as does the tech-priest Valas.  I also like what you've done with the three bodyguards, the first two especially.  The head on the pirate looks great too - nice work! :)
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Simeon Blackstar

I love the bounty hunter and Varos, and your Judge conversion looks plain mean.  I imagine that expression to mean "You're going to tell me what I need to know, or I'm going to take this claw and stick it..."
The Guardian Girls are lovely too, very cohesive bunch.

The only criticism I have is the Tau bits on the Storm Trooper - they look a bit out of place to me.

Carados

Quote from: Simeon Blackstar on September 29, 2009, 10:26:55 PM
The only criticism I have is the Tau bits on the Storm Trooper - they look a bit out of place to me.

How do you mean out of place?  If its because of the tau insignia then don't worry because that'll be going when I get round to it.  Although looking at it again, I suspect you might be meaning they just simply don't look right - I'll probably take them off and use them for shoulderpads and scuplt thinner armour or something around the knees.

Simeon Blackstar

Just the Tau symbols and a little bit the positioning really.  I quite like the angular shape; it reminds me of the USCMC:

psycho

lol what size is that Hudson "its game over man" mini?
like it lmao
i love your minis mate although the best for me is the judge with ork klaw

kerby

Simeon Blackstar

According to the white text at the top right, he's 1/6 scale, so around a foot tall.  What's that, Action Man size?  So tempted right now to have a warband in which one character carries blessed stakes, just so one of them can legitimately say "We got bolt carbines, autopistols, plasma guns, sharp sticks..."  ;)

In fact, hang on: autogun with an auxilliary grenade launcher, motion tracker auspex, heavy stubber with motion predictor gunsight...  Why am I not making some Colonial Marines?

psycho

Believe me mate the thought had already crossed my mind!
the only problem is i cant get enuff IG minis cheap enuff hahaha
also my GS skills are pretty crappy so im working on them first lol
My IG army has a squad of Colonial Marines in it, including Vasquez, Frosty, Hicks, Hudson, Gorman, Ripley and even a lil newt made from a Hassle Free mini lol

kerby