Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Ravenguard Space Marine

Started by greenstuff_gav, June 13, 2015, 09:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

another commission marine; must get a price structure made for these guys!

AlexB, who i traded a large amount of 54mm off in the past, asked about commissioning a marine at the IGT15, specifically looking for a Raven guard.
as they're First Founding and i'd need to make a helmet / pad, thought i'd give it a go!

i started with a part-converted marine i received in a trade; he already had the mark 6 legs and this would link in with having a beaky helmet.

some basic shaping went into the helmet and i cut an old 40k objective in half to provide the basis of hte jump pack; this is a fairly cheap conversion so i need to find the balance between what i'm charging to time spent!

while the straps were straightforward to do, the bulk of the jump pack was proving difficult; this is the second attempt, soon to be torn off!

attempt three still looked like crap!

the 4th attempt is where i hit max frustration; i must buy a load of plasticard and learn how to use it, but in the meantime some detailing helped hide alot of the sins!

here is where we are at the moment; the helmet and pad have been removed for casting (they're in the silicone now) so hopefully this week i can get some cast!

the claws are plasticard, strips cut down to size and i added a few smaller details to him

next up i'm gonna cast up the helmet and pad, adding them to the miniature and tidying up some of the finer details but thought i'd throw this up here!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

Looking pretty awesome mate. You have some serious balls to cut up an Artemis let alone the balls to work on such big conversions!!

As for the pack, seriously, give Plasticard a go. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than Green stuff ;) There's also none of that waiting around for it to dry :D Other than though, the pack is looking great. However the right (facing us) vent looks bigger than the left one. It's not a hard fix though if it is the case (sometimes pictures lie).

Personally I'm thinking/planning on making a Black Templar and this thread is some serious inspiration. Cheers for that.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on June 13, 2015, 09:43:08 PMi must buy a load of plasticard and learn how to use it
I'd third that as an idea. It does have a few quirks (particularly if you ever try using it for curves - such are the challenges of a Mars Pattern titan), but it's much more appropriate to the kind of square shapes you're looking for here.

Nonetheless, not a bad effort for tackling it in GS.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Alyster Wick

Looking good! Some of the edges are a little dodgy but the embellishments help and it should look fine once there's some paint on there. The fists are looking good as well!

I have three Artemises (Artemi?) waiting once I clear my painting queue and finish a couple other conversions.