Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Founding: Word Bearers

Started by greenstuff_gav, March 12, 2014, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

welcome back!

so, i've been laid up with an immense head cold last two days; ironically time i'd booked off to write the Lachesis Gaming Day!

having received another pair of Artemis through the post, i've began my next entry into The First Founding Project (although ironically i've not posted the paintjob of the Iron Warrior or his background!)

so, here's one of hte 2nd hand artemis i received:

for my Word Bearer, i planned on a more upright pose, hand gesturing forward, preacher style.
queue 48 hours of damn-near-dying later and we're left with this...

the familiar has had the start of his tattered robes added; he'll be magnetised to the base so he can run off (and can be removed incase of "hey that's not a GW mini!" comments)

here's a view of him tacked together with the base armature of his scythe; his other arm will be gesturing wildly

and finally a closeup of sorts:

the vents on the backpack are off the Final Fantasy bike used in the guardsman project while the rest is greenstuff!
his helmet, different from the rest of the project, is a half-helm, leaving his jaw exposed (so he can preach and shout) but the horns still need alot of work and the shoulderpad icon is a head off a defiler with some greenstuff work; i need to get some silicone to cast 'em afore they're glued into place.

i'm undecided if i'll make the scythe into a tech-style metal panels and smooth or make it of bone; long limbs held together.

so, thanks for looking, have a (terrible) bonus image of the project as it stands!

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Shaman

This guy is frellin' awesome.  Loving the half-helm and sculpted chaos trim. Definitely encouraging me to do a chaos marine too.

Liking the familiar, that's from hasslefree aint it? unless i'm mixing it up with something else, looks like the little dude from one of those two-packs.

The back pole is cool as well, where's that from?

Also, big fan of the scythe. very different. :D suitably chaosy mini so far!

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

some more work has happened (when i should have been writing the Southwest Conclave!); still detailing the power fist and scythe, plus need to afford moulding compound fr the helmet / pad.
been trying to sculpt robes onto the Hasslefree Familiar (you are right Shaman; it's Deth) but maybe easier to simply sculpt a robed figure!

Build Your Imagination

Ancelyn

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

greenstuff_gav

thanks :) wish i had some moulding compound so i can glue the pad / helmet in place!

while this isn't an exciting update due to having to do studs, have a pic of the rest of the queue...

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

what a lot of Artemii... Artemus's... marines.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Shaman

Only just gotten back on the conclave after a Very difficult move, so this is a bit delayed, but, That's awesome!

Huge, huge fan.

Selling off most of the leftover inquisitor stuff i had, but i'm now officially holding onto one artemis's worth of bitz to do a night lord, rather inspiring!

greenstuff_gav

THreadomancy!
i do have some substantial progress to report; i've gotten some silicone and was able to cast the helmet / pad
the horns on the helmet didn't work and needed resculpting but the pad came out fine

i may give hte metals an ink and a rehighlight as they're a bit too shiny, plus need to write his background / profile but he's pretty much done!
i've dropped the familiar off, i loved the concept of a minion carrying a book about but really detracted from the imposing stance

thanks for looking!

Build Your Imagination

Van Helser

Absolutely stonking Gav. It is easy to imagine him whipping up a crowd of heretics into a frenzy to spread the word of the dark gods. Great pose, great sculpting and great vision to imagine him in the first place.

A wash and a highlight wouldn't go amiss, but it would be the finishing touch on a class model.

Can I share this on my Facebook page/blog?

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

of course; anything from The Archives is fair game; i got little coherent to say about anything so help yourself :)

next i gotta think up background for 'im but i gotta go through all of the marines so far as i think i've missed a few!

Build Your Imagination

Daxam

This guy truly does the Word Bearers justice. I do agree with the idea of inking the metal down a bit, and my personal suggestion would be perhaps adding armour markings/scriptures?
I seek a perfection. I won't attain it. But it is a lofty enough goal for my ego.

Lord Borak

That's absolutely Epic...... and just a little bit scary. I have to say though, the sculpting on the chest and leg is incredibly well done. My hat is indeed off to you Sir.

On a side note, I don't suppose you have a spare left hand for artemis do you? Mines gone walkies. I could probably sculpt one in all fairness but.... eh.

Aurelius

Looks awesome gav! Great sculpting and execution. For me Word Bearers always evoke the script written all over their Armour, you considering adding this too?  Plenty of blank space, and I think it would look really cool

greenstuff_gav

it's a hand from the Chaos Dreadnought so only 3 fingers :)

Build Your Imagination