Author Topic: My impirial NPCs log  (Read 11885 times)

Offline seaglen

• Inquisitor
Re: My impirial NPCs log
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2016, 06:43:13 PM »
(Page 3 has more updates on the cultist at the bottom) ... I also finished the scupting for the assassin-sniper lady - called Dorada.

she now has distinct layers to blend in the scale cloak, and also the head is now added and blended in:

Now to just choose a colour scheme.... the original model I tore apart (if you look back in this thread) was a shiny deep blue. Im not to much a fan of that, and was thinking a grey/blue body suit, with a deep aqua/green scale cloak, and dark brown hair... thoughts?

Offline mcjomar

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Courage and Honour!
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2016, 07:40:04 PM »
The two questions would be "what world is she from?" and/or "where is she going?"

If she's going to be sniping, her clothes will be chosen to reflect the world/terrain she's operating with.
More rural/jungly means greens. Urban means greys, or maybe browns.
Unless her bodyglove/cloak is knock-off cameoline?
In which case maybe it gives you an opportunity to paint it as if it's changing to match the local flora/structures.

Failing that, the colour scheme you're suggesting is pretty good - we tend to see a lot of brown hair I think though.
I've found that blue and green are annoying to differentiate, so I'll be interested to see how you pull it off, maybe I can learn something.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Offline seaglen

• Inquisitor
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2016, 11:32:15 PM »
Very good point about blue/green differentiation. I was thinking more of a blue grey bodysuit, with a terracotta-esque colouration to the cloaks layers, and the an almost alpha-legion blue/green to the scales.
Seeing as she works for my slaneesh fallen inquisitor, I feel more comfortable with slightly less conservative colours for her

Offline mcjomar

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Courage and Honour!
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2016, 08:35:09 AM »
Sounds pretty good.
I've tried to use Ice blue for something eyecatching/eyewatering on my own model, and ditto the blazing orange for hair.
Incidentally, there was a colour called Fiery Orange, right? I'm not just imagining it?
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Offline blacknight

• Interrogator
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2016, 09:17:15 AM »
Must say I am loving the parts combination of the sniper. In terms of colour if her I like the idea of the alpha legion inspired scales to the cloak. Thinking if it is representing a chameleon cloak having the same or similar colours for the fabric and scales might portray that easier.  Another possibility would be to tie the cloak's colour to the base of the model as if it were changing to match the surroundings.

Marc/blacknight
Well you can do what you want, the technical branch are going to stay here and keep her afloat!! - Diesel CPO Otto Fricke, U505, Nov 10 1942 - On being ordered to abandon ship.

Offline Van Helser

• Warmaster 2011
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
    • My Models
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2016, 10:11:59 AM »
I would be tempted to go for something outlandish for the hair. It's too grand a 'do' to simply have fading into the background (camouflage be damned!).

Unsurprisingly, I like the Alpha Legion scales idea.

Ruaridh

Offline seaglen

• Inquisitor
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2016, 01:30:12 PM »
I was certainly thinking orange for the hair, but didn't want to draw too much similarity with the callidus assassins already sporting that colour.
I'm thinking a matte grey bodysuit, with a wash of blue, and then Alpha Legion colour scales for the cloak. Hopefully the only part of skin you can see (the right side of her face) will be pale enough to pop out against the inorganic majority of the model...

Offline seaglen

• Inquisitor
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2016, 03:31:51 PM »
bit of an update on this one now. I've begun the first layers of colour on the suit, and cloak:

following this, I popped a bit down on the face, metal areas, and rifle (I will be going for a wood/silver look on this):

thoughts?

Offline blacknight

• Interrogator
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2016, 06:14:49 AM »
I quiet like, the eye and the face give the model a very determined look.

I do have to agree with Ruaridh that the hair needs a bit more colour and to pop a bit.  eye is drawn to the face at the front but the red of the cloak on the sholders from the back.

Anyway my two cents.

Marc/blacknight
Well you can do what you want, the technical branch are going to stay here and keep her afloat!! - Diesel CPO Otto Fricke, U505, Nov 10 1942 - On being ordered to abandon ship.