Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

My impirial NPCs log

Started by seaglen, April 03, 2014, 09:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaglen

Apologies for the double post - more layers on the psyker and prospector:

kierkegaard

I think that is an excellent choice of colour scheme for the prospector, and both paintjobs are great.

seaglen

Many thanks Kierkegaard - glad I am doing the model justice!
I've just finished most of the paint job now (just have to finish the base):

Seeing as it's a special model, it got a dab of this old classic for the goggle lenses!

And here's the final job:

The glistening green metallic goggles look far better in real life. Hard to get a good shot of the reflective lenses with a camera.

mcjomar

Fantastic job on both minis.
Loving that weathering.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Mentirius

I'll second that - these are both excellent, and three cheers for Glistening Green!  I used to love that stuff.

seaglen

Slight update after a few weeks hiatus.

After using the head from this tin medieval doctor model, I've got round to kitbashing the body into an administratum servant/ecclesiastical monk.

Using slicks balding head went well, and I quite like how short and diminutive he is.
He's carrying a lantern made from the old cities of death lamp post, and a las pistol made from a las gun barrel and a shotgun body.

He'll mainly be used as an objective in-game rather than a playable character.

Main question is:
What colour robes? Administratum grey, or ecclesiastical beige, or another colour?

greenstuff_gav

good work :)
regarding size - it's often commented that different heights is more acceptable in inquisitor - everyone scales different on different planets!

I have a recollection beige is standard and the trim is different colour according to role, i think from Jes Goodwin's book but i could be mis-remembering :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

seaglen

Ah yep I've already got a priest or two in beige (which I love) but wanted to make him a little more generic. I ended up going for an earthy brown with a little beige in the end.

He's still needing finishing touches and a base, but he's getting there:

I also found a good recipe for heat oxidation which I've been wanting to try. I'm happy as it makes the laspistol look like a well used hand-me-down.

mcjomar

That heat patination looks great.
And I'm loving the model design in general.
I get the feeling that the hem of his robes will be a bit dirty given how long they are.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Mentirius

Agreed on all counts - another awesone model, the heat patina is very convincing, colours well chosen and I love the lantern/censor thing.  His being on the short side seems appropriate for an NPC who is not intended as a larger-than-life heroic figure...on top of the natural variations within and between planetary populations, his diet and general health would probably be terrible compared to anyone who works directly for an Inquisitor.

seaglen

And he's all done!

@mcjomar - yeah thanks for the tip about weathering on the hem.

I'm really happy with the decal on the gun too!

Feedback welcome!

seaglen

Next up I'm sticking with a ministorum theme.

I've wanted to use Joseph's body for something, but always been a little put off by the pose.
However, I've had in the back of my mind a really high-ranking priest, or perhaps a cardinal.

I like the idea of his more rotund figure working for a bombastic and opulent meber of the ecclesiarchy.

Hoping to give him some chunky pauldrons (perhaps tyrus') and some incense orbs, and deck him out with a stupidly large mitre, a la kyrinov.

Some inspiration below
(Although I'm aiming for far more double chins on him - perhaps a head from the ogre range..?)

Thoughts or inspiration welcome!

seaglen

First mock-up is done for my bombastic cardinal.
Any thoughts on how to make a big ol' hat for him?

greenstuff_gav

i'd look at cheap biro lids or plastic tubes as the base :)

are those his usual arms reposed?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

seaglen

Ah good call on plastic tubes etc!

Nope, they're good old nagash's arms!
Very long sleeves but all goes ok with the robes.