Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Lachesis Affair - WHW August 2014?

Started by greenstuff_gav, May 17, 2014, 12:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

So, having had a blast at the last event and having Lachesis near enough good to run, would anyo e be up for a gaming day at Warhammer World?

Was thinking sometime in August maybe a good idea, give people time.to organise themselves?

As usual i can run both scales side by side should people want, will get a player pack organised if you gius are up for it!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

I'm certainly interested, but I don't know how my schedule is in August off the top of my head.

The only date in that kind of range I'm sure is a bad idea for me is the 6th Sept; I've already got plans for the 7th, and it'd really be best if I weren't still trying to recover from a sleep deprived 20-hour day...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Shard0808

I'd certainly like to register my interest for this event. August Is generally a good month for me, provided it's a weekend or the final week of the month. Count me in, provisionally.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

greenstuff_gav

Awesome; ill phone whw this week and see about 4 tables at the end of august (or as close as)
Ironically my pc died so ill try finding oit a backup for some editing and get a player pack done (along with balance tweaks marco has been helping with)

Build Your Imagination

Cortez

I'm interested too. Shouldn't be any clashes in August so any weekend is fine for me.

krenshar

I can do any weekend in August so count me in.

Bloodpact

As far as im aware then gaming hall is closing for renovation around August time...
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

greenstuff_gav

i'll find out Saturday; plan on making a cup of tea, calming myself and ringing WHW about bookings!
if WHW is closed (i read somewhere it'll be meeting rooms etc for hire; gaming being down-sized!) would {url=http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/events/wargaming-foundry]foundry[/url] be an option?
doubt they'll have as flexable terrain but i suspect inquisitor won't be welcome at WHW after rennovations!

Build Your Imagination

Bloodpact

Could also check out Sanctuary gaming centre at Mansfield. http://sanctuarygamingcentre.co.uk/

Its in a recomissioned church, so is suitably atmospheric for our purposes  ;D
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

Heroka Vendile

Sanctuary looks look, Foundry doesn't appear to have working pictures of the venue.

August is usually terrible for my availability, although this year much less so. The later in the month the better, but no guarantees.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

my main issue with Sanctuary is its proximity to Maelstrom; had issues with a couple of maelstroms staff and would hate to pack up / be arrested for beating a man to death!

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

You're probably not alone Gav, given how much silly buggers they were playing at the end*, but I'm not sure there's even enough of Maelstrom (or Eye of the Storm, Maunsfeld Gaming, etc, etc, etc) left for you to have an argument with.

*I wasn't someone who got stung by them going under and failing to fulfil orders - their horrible handling of out of stock orders and refunds had already put me right off them, so they never got the chance to screw me around to that extent.

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on May 21, 2014, 12:04:42 AMFoundry doesn't appear to have working pictures of the venue.
The few I could find on Google or track down from memory:

http://www.theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=284074
http://talesfromthemaelstrom.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/a-few-shots-from-weekends-game.html

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

oh, wasn't the company (although the shenanigans were inexcusable) just their gaming manager was a right proper prick* to me so much i immediately returned miniatures i'd saved for and waited months to buy and never purchased from Maelstrom or their spinoffs.
while i don't usually hold a grudge, even now i'm so angry remembering something that happened two, three years ago i would beat him to death with his own skull!

so yeah, hence my reservation of anything in mannsfield!

*and when i pointed this one instance out on a couple of forums he signed up to each with passive-aggressive bull[EXCOMMUNICATE] pointing out *I* was the one to blame for his arrogance!

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on May 21, 2014, 09:13:21 PMsomething that happened two, three years ago
Oh, of course. It's just come back to me that you headed off there for some Warmahordes event after the 2011 Summer 'Clave. Never really put two and two together before.

... well, Sanctuary still looks like a nice place, even if the entirety of Mansfield has to be considered to be in some kind of Maelstrom Exclusion Zone.

GW's =I= articles

krenshar

Any news on a date and location for Lachesis?