Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Deathwatch Reborn

Started by Necris, September 29, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedgewise

Hope I'm not to late to be included. I changed my mind and made my character from a Imperial Fists Succeor Chapter of my own creation.

Name - Lucian Kraven
Chapter - The Vanguard
Rank in Chapter - Veteran Battle-Brother

Personal Quirks
Lucian is straightforward in both his words and deeds, seldom hesitating once he has chosen a course of action  and is often directly to the point in his speech…no matter who he talks to. Though he carries a sword he prefers to use his bolter like any true Sternguard, but it doesn’t mean his melee skills are not excellent either.

Armament
A standard Astartes MK Vb Godwyn pattern Bolter; a hand-and-a-half powered broadsword and an Ultima pattern Bolt Pistol. Lucian wears an adaptation of the current Mk VIII and an ancient Mk IV power armour, with the majority of the upper suit being from the Mk IV including the helmet while the lower portion is taken directly from a Mk VII.
(See the picture of Sergeant Zhyr or Haas models/pictures of the Red Scorpions for a better idea)

Any Deeds of Note
Lucian’s finest hour was during the operation he and his Sternguard squad participated in where they boarded the Space Hulk Absolute Damnation  to retrieved an important Chapter relic from one of its component ships while also distracting the Genestealers present from the unit of Ultramarine Terminators, who had infiltrated and proceeded killed the Patriarch present on board. They suffered minimal losses and left in good time moments before the charges they and the Terminators set destroyed the Hulk. It was soon after this he was selected for a ten year tour-of-duty with the Deathwatch.

The Vanguard
Combat Doctrine
A completely Codex Chapter who speciality is arriving on the battlefield and/or planet and securing the drop zone or objective/s for following units. Well known for its stubborn holding actions and swift deployments.

Organisation
Standard Codex Organization

Beliefs and Practices
As a Successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists their beliefs closely follow theirs, even sending a Champion to the centennial Feast of Blades. The only divergence is they do not practice self-castigation for the smallest inadequacy, failure or infraction.

Notable Traits
Unlike the Imperial Fists’ their geneseed is not corrupted and their Betcher's Gland and Sus-an Membrane’s still work.

Relations with other Chapters
The Vanguard has good relations with the Imperial Fists and the other ten participants of the Feat of Blades including the Crimson Fists and Iron Knights Chapters, as well as the Ultramarines, whom they are currently fighting on the Eastern Fringe with. They like the other members of the Imperial Fists and their Successors’ have a deep hatred for the Soul Drinkers and their betrayal of the Imperium.

(Edit: Changed his last name)

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Kallidor on October 01, 2009, 10:50:15 PM
Quote from: Heroka Vendile on October 01, 2009, 09:40:11 PM
Well I certainly do, what was your old forum name again?

Caralinus.

It'd be great to know what his name was (I don't suppose it matters that much) his signature weapon was an assault cannon if that helps the search. Cheers for that  ;D

Agaron Tarriq
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Heroka Vendile

Name - Hunrik (also known and The Lone Knight)

Chapter - Knights Pacificus

Rank in Chapter - Veteran of the 3rd Hunt

Personal Quirks - As the only surviving member of his chapter, Hunrik has suffered great loss in the past, yet has since returned more to his old self, he is a dedicated clinical warrior and an excellent pilot as well. He also has his right shoulder pad painted plain undecorated black, often resulting in scorn from other marines for appearing to be ashamed of his origins, when in fact it is black in mourning.

Armament - Hunrik has a small collection of surviving items from his chapters armoury, the rest of which was plundered when the chapter was destroyed by traitors, this included a pairs of lightning claws, an MIU bolt pistol, a powersword and a pair of matched bolt pistols. As a chapter veteran he is well versed in the use of all standard space marine equipment and weaponry, so often is armed from the Deathwatches own armouries instead.

Any Deeds of Note - Hunrik is now approaching fifty years continuous service with the Deathwatch, long since having completed the 6 year tour he had originally been signed up for. Due to the longevity of his service  his existence has become somewhat well-known throughout those who have served in the Deathwatch during this time. He has taken part in numerous important battles and operations with the Deathwatch, including an ever increasing number of behind enemy lines solo missions. His nick-name of "The Lone Knight" was given by a member of the White Scars chapter who was serving alongside him at the time of his chapters destruction and witnessed Hunriks' grief and desire for solitude at the time.

Knights Pacificus
Combat Doctrine - In their time the Knights Pacificus had a solid reputation for ship-to-ship actions, excelling at close quarters and confined conditions such as ships and underground tunnels. It was also deemed important for every member of the chapter to be trained as a pilot, this dedication resulted in a number of tactical innovations regarding the deployment and usage of Land Speeders, Tempests and Thunderhawks.

Organisation - A relatively small chapter, they were organised into eight "Hunts", each containing sixty marines and a variable number of scouts. Each Hunt was commanded by a Castellan and the chapter master

Beliefs and Practices - the only unusual practise of the Knights Pacificus was that they believed no soldier could truly understand his environment unless he paid respect to the planet itself. This was done by walking it's surface barefoot at the earliest possible opportunity, although this doctrine was never allowed to get in the way of combat, often occurring as the final ceremony prior to leaving a planet. They believed that by exposing their bare skin to the planets surface, the connection made paid respect and reverence, as well as apologising for any damage they had brought against the planet itself.

Notable Traits - A permanent slight tan and pitch black hair was the norm for the Knights Pacificus, however Hunrik was one of the rare but not unseen exceptions to have alabaster skin instead. They are also known for lightning reflexes due to their rigorous flight training.

Relations with other Chapters - Unusually, the Knights Pacifius and their sister chapter, the Nova Lords, shared an almost identical geneseed (itself believed to have been derived from Imperial Fists and Novamarines). The Nova Lords were a far bigger chapter, larger than the Codex permits. Despite their connection however, the two chapters only rarely worked together in any way. Which made it all the more startling when the entire Nova Lords fleet arrived unannounced above the Knights Pacificus homeworld of Jadora Nexa and laid waste to the planet and its inhabitants. The attack was timed to occur on the Festival of Reunion, for which the entire Knights Pacificus had returned home (with the exception of Hunrik who had only just started his Deathwatch tour), only to be betrayed and obliterated from existence.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kallidor

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on October 02, 2009, 03:35:24 PM
Agaron Tarriq

Hah! Yep, I remember it now. Cheers for looking him up for me  ;D ;)

Whilst it would probably be handy to have a timewarper I think I might leave Tarriq for a future event and use a Prophet instead. I was going to have him pretty grim but in order to make a different sort of marine character I know what part of the Chapter he can be from, as a taste of what sort of chap he'll be I'll just mention Legio Destructor.

Necris, do you think it would be permissable to use a more unconventional weapon or should I tone it down to just a quirky personality and a standard bolter?
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Koval

In case anyone's wondering, Rant's vocal patterns are trying to mimic Rorschach, but failing miserably. I just woke up and posted, so eh...

If anyone wants to pick him up on not having a proper close combat weapon, feel free. :P

Quote from: Caralinusshould I tone it down to just a quirky personality and a standard bolter?
You can have non-standard bolters. Rant has one. The Thunderclap bit's obviously a bit of artistic license on my part, although the Mk.II bit just came straight from the INQ.LRB -- there are so many forge worlds in the Imperium that maybe one world produced a Thunderclap and another world produced something else when Mk.II bolters were in fashion.

Swarbie

I read Rant's part in the Opening Shots and I just find my self imagining him with the accent and voice of the black pirate from Barbosa's crew in Pirates of the Carribean. I'm not sure why.

He's good though. Very...analytical, very in character.

QuoteIf anyone wants to pick him up on not having a proper close combat weapon, feel free.

Very well. I shall.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Quote from: Swarbie on October 03, 2009, 08:31:57 AM
I read Rant's part in the Opening Shots and I just find my self imagining him with the accent and voice of the black pirate from Barbosa's crew in Pirates of the Carribean. I'm not sure why.
Well, I've never seen Pirates of the Caribbean, to my shame (I know, I'll get round to it), so I'm not sure why either.

Feel free to think of him as a black dude, though, although I had him down as more of a Central/Eastern European analogue (in particular I had him down as either Polish or Slovenian), but either works fine.

He's good though. Very...analytical, very in character.
Well, he's an Iron Hand that's somewhere in Techmarine training, so he's entitled to be, I guess. :P

EDIT: Noticed you've got down "inscribing a prayer" in your post, Swarbie; it's not exactly wrong, although the Opus Machina is -- according to Dark Heresy -- just the skull-and-cog symbol of the Adeptus Mechanicus. I guess it's in such minute detail (it's on the base of his bolter's grip, so he's not got much space available) that it doesn't matter a great deal, and in fact anyone who isn't Rant would probably think it was a prayer.

You don't need to change your post but I felt I'd just throw up a notice.

Inquisitor Ranovack

Quote from: Necris on October 02, 2009, 09:27:04 AM
Inquisitor Ranovack can you edit your post into the format I posted above so I can read your potential character more easily I got bogged down while reading it

sorry about that :-[ i've edited the post so it should be easier to read if you want I could make him an apothicary instead of a CSM
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Kallidor

Quote from: Koval on October 03, 2009, 07:51:11 AM
You can have non-standard bolters.

I was thinking about something a little bit more exotic than a bolter. Mercia, a nation of Carnate (the Prophet's Homeworld), provides a lot of troops (although the Prophet I'll use in this RP is from an entirely different area of the world) as they have a strong martial culture.

Since Carnate is a Marine Homeworld and isn't required to provide regiments for the Imperial Guard it still raises armies which fight for the Imperium and the Mercian army (Nizamis) provides the majority of these and recruits for the Prophets too. As such the traditions of the Nizamis have, over the centuries, contributed to the culture and practices of the Prophets.

One such tradition is the Mahtarān, a marching band which accompanies the Janissaries (the main unit type of the Nizamis army). The Prophets also have Mahtar who use very rare sonic weaponry. Whilst the Chapter generally uses stealth, infiltration, guerilla tactics, coercion and subterfuge (practices that evolved out of the Chapters past when they used to be fleet based and generally only fought ship-to-ship battles but brought up to date be necessity of the Chapters current troubles) it does also fight more open battles, really for psychological effect, and the Mahtar are used to unnerve the enemy.

This formed out of an idea I had after listening to Neu!'s Super 16 coupled with an image of a steampunk Samurai as a concept for a Noise Marine. After making up background for the Janissaries I imagined the origin for these particular troops from within the renegade Marines that broke away from the Prophets of Hatred and turned to Chaos. Super 16 sounds to me like a bellowing bull and I liked the idea of a sonic weapon being used to make these animal sounds rather than just noise; pretty creepy if you're being hunted by the thing I thought.

Anyway, if that idea sounds too off the Prophets have had recent co-operation with the Mentor Legion (they need the help and the Mentor's get to learn some unusual tactics) so perhaps this fella could have a Mentor SAW, not overly powerful by any means but he'll certainly have his niche in the squad.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Swarbie

Quote from: Koval on October 03, 2009, 09:08:59 AM
EDIT: Noticed you've got down "inscribing a prayer" in your post, Swarbie; it's not exactly wrong, although the Opus Machina is -- according to Dark Heresy -- just the skull-and-cog symbol of the Adeptus Mechanicus. I guess it's in such minute detail (it's on the base of his bolter's grip, so he's not got much space available) that it doesn't matter a great deal, and in fact anyone who isn't Rant would probably think it was a prayer.

Yeah. I don't see Artos as being very tech-savvy though. He can care for his armour and weapons, and probably knows how to drive a Rhino, but that's about it. I thought he would assume it was a prayer.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Quote from: Swarbie on October 04, 2009, 02:42:12 AM
Quote from: Koval on October 03, 2009, 09:08:59 AM

Yeah. I don't see Artos as being very tech-savvy though. He can care for his armour and weapons, and probably knows how to drive a Rhino, but that's about it. I thought he would assume it was a prayer.
Yup, it's all fine, was just pointing it out is all.

Simeon Blackstar

I like the banter we've goin going between Martell and Artos.  I can see this being an interesting relationship!  ;D

Swarbie

Yup. Martell may not be a xenos sympathiser, but he certainly isn't anything like Artos.

I seem to have given him a habit of reffering to people by their Chapter's name. I think it's quite suitable seeing that, as far as we know, they haven't actually told each other their names so far.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Swarbie on October 04, 2009, 11:01:55 AMI seem to have given him a habit of reffering to people by their Chapter's name. I think it's quite suitable seeing that, as far as we know, they haven't actually told each other their names so far.

He'll have fun trying to address Hunrik then, what with his blank shoulderpad and only Captain Corvin knowing him and his history (and I would assume Captain Demos would have been given a personnel assessment of each marine to be under his command).
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on October 04, 2009, 03:17:55 PM
Quote from: Swarbie on October 04, 2009, 11:01:55 AMI seem to have given him a habit of reffering to people by their Chapter's name. I think it's quite suitable seeing that, as far as we know, they haven't actually told each other their names so far.

He'll have fun trying to address Hunrik then, what with his blank shoulderpad