Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Deathwatch Reborn

Started by Necris, September 29, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simeon Blackstar

I have a feeling Heroka kind of forgot about him!  ;D

Ditto to Koval, except that I know I'm not being paid, mostly because I'm a student and not working.  :(

Inquisitor Ranovack

Peleus  dragged Hunrik into a bunker whether or not thats inside th gate im not sure but i thourght that after  being treated  he would be able to carry on operating so wouldnt he have just carried on fighting his way forward, if a bit slower that before?
Also how far is the team from the rebel HQ?
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Heroka Vendile

Hey chaps, been a bit busy, will catch up on the IC and try get a post in tonight to get Hunrik back in place.
To my knowledge all 3 drop pods landed within the central fort, the closing of the gate was to prevent Tau/rebel reinforcements coming to the aid of the HQ I believe.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Necris

Sorry for the lack of posts on my part this is due to the fact that I am moving house (Today) and have been packing, but hopefully normality shall resume next week or the week after, and as an added bonus of moving into MY house I can get a decent internet connection...

Woop
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Swarbie

Yay, grenades!!!
And Marine-sized "distractions"!

I've been missing the action.

Maybe Artos shall rip the sensor-head off a crisis suit tomorrow.

EDIT: Thanks for including Artos in the crisis suit action, Necris. Now for a Destroyers chapter ritual. Tell me if I got the tau leader's title wrong. I'm not completely up to scratch with my knowledge of them, and fortunately my post is easily changed.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

I've been paid, finally.

When Rant's needed for something beyond simple killing, let me know and I'll start posting again -- frankly I have lots of killing in another story I'm working on, and anyone can write about a battle-droid shooting things. I'll happily get back into this when Rant's services are required.

EDIT: by which I mean, I'd get bogged down very quickly if all I had to write about was Rant doing his job!

Swarbie

Soooooo.......

Next mission please.....

This project seems to have gone quiet.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Necris

Which is my bad I've moved house and finding time between unpacking and sorting out the mess leaves me little time for posting a definitive post and moving onto the next mission which will more than likely be a slower paced but more interactive mission involving nids.

Swarbie

Ok, that excuse is good enough for me. And I am pleased that we may be fighting the tyranids. I like tyranids.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Nids you say? Expect Rant to go totally psychotic.

Swarbie

And Artos to go cold and unresponsive. But I have a feeling that both Rant and Artos will be very useful members of the Deathwatch if they fight nids. Experience is the best teacher, and all that.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Necris

Which could be interesting for the first mission and staying in control

Swarbie

Indeed. Artos sort of knows how to fight his rage, but sometimes it overpowers him. I expect him to develop as a more controlled, somewhat happier-in-himself character as his tour with the Deathwatch goes on. That's assuming he lives and doesn't kill any of his brothers, both of which I hope don't happen.

EDIT: By which I mean, I hope he doesn't die.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Tony, just a quick notice -- if either of us wants anything interesting to happen to Rant in part two, you'll have to give me some subject material or orders to act upon. Like I said a while ago I already have my own Deathwatch story in the works (in the style of my favourite BL books, the Cain series, noch. Dear God, a parody of a parody) and nearly all of my creative input goes into that, more so considering Rant's role is a tad generic.

If anyone wants to know how that's getting on, by the way, my narrator -- a skittish Inquisitor that doesn't appreciate being in constant mortal danger -- has just managed to convince two Deathwatch to let him use them as cover while storming a xenophile temple. For Tony's benefit I've also referenced the Norikian Sector Conclave and the Germanus 173rd Mechanised (as well as having the Frankish 12th Armoured being minor characters, which is the only way I can get the Germanus reference to make any sort of sense)

Necris

And so endeth the first part of Deathwatch Reborn

The next chapter will commence as of tomorrow with a briefing held by Captain Demos

Koval hopefully this next mission will be more than simply kill kill maim maim and will have some scope for expanding characters and character interaction as the first mission is a hunt and capture not a kill everything in sight.