Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Deathwatch Reborn

Started by Necris, September 29, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

Unless I was mistaken Pelesus is also the same as a Captain being a Pride Leader
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Koval

Yes, that is far too powerful. you do not, under any circumstances, take out five Carnifexes in the space of one post without introducing something at least the size of a Reaver Titan -- they're living battle tanks that are capable of surviving some forms of Exterminatus (well...) and are too stupid to know when they're dead.

If that post actually happened, you and half the kill team would most likely be a red mess smeared across its claws and under its hooves, and the Land Raider would probably be getting gang raped by several angry Carnifexes that the assault cannons are barely managing to irritate. They are far tougher than you're giving them credit for.

Inquisitor Ranovack

I had seen peleus as a kind of company sgt major so a captains 2i/c but i may change that.

sorry about the post i've rectified it to say that there were only 4 carnifex rather than 10 (sory about the obcene amount in the orrigional). although, i thourght that the nids were much weaker than normal due to the extermintus hence only 2 killteams sent rather than say 2 companies of inquisitorial stormtroopers (with special equipment)

Hope it's okey know
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Koval

They're not weaker, just slowed down a bit. Whatever the virus did to them doesn't stop them being practically immune to small arms fire -- it still takes serious anti-tank weaponry to put one down.

Also, they're quite a lot bigger than Rhinos, so how you plan to squeeze a Carnifex into the back of one is beyond me. It would be like trying to get a bassett hound into a kennel made for a chihuahua.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on January 20, 2010, 12:00:27 AMAlso, they're quite a lot bigger than Rhinos, so how you plan to squeeze a Carnifex into the back of one is beyond me.
That's obvious. Ten Space Marines are bigger than a Rhino.

Clearly, Rhinos are bigger on the inside.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

At some point, the tech-priests of Mars captured the Doctor in a stasis field and pulled apart the T.A.R.D.I.S.

Ever since, all STC-based vehicles have been far bigger on the inside. Most Rhinos contain several rooms, including
a pool, gym, and lounge with easychairs.

If you're gonna fight the enemies of Mankind, you may as well do it in comfort.

And remember, carnifexes are the kind of thing that can take a krak missile or plasma round to the face and still keep running. Not to mention that tyranid bio-engineering means they're filled with enough adrenalin and natural painkillers to melt a normal person.

And don't make me get started on the Ariadne effect, which allows them to survive Exterminatus.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Inquisitor Ranovack

Quote from: Koval on January 20, 2010, 12:00:27 AM
Also, they're quite a lot bigger than Rhinos, so how you plan to squeeze a Carnifex into the back of one is beyond me. It would be like trying to get a bassett hound into a kennel made for a chihuahua.

Simple the carnifex is being dragged behind the Rhino

don't tempests carry krak missiles?
if Hunriks does then they did the damage if not then who has a lascanon in their back pocket :)
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Koval

Re. recent lack of posting on my part -- again, it's really to avoid overly boring myself with banal "Rant fired his gun. Rant fired his other gun" crap, so I'll probably only post when Rant's really needed for something where you can't substitute, say, Artos or Laran to fill exactly the same role.

Speaking of which, there's actually very little for me to do anyway.

Necris

Hopefully you can scout ahead and have some thoughts floating around your head.

Necris

And Laran just committed suicide

Remember the atmosphere is poisonous, even to marines that's why we're all sealed in suits of armour with helms securely fitted.

I'll let you edit your last post Kallidor. 

Kallidor

Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Koval

there we go, postage. If you think I need to fit in an extra few seconds or so of action, let me know.

Swarbie

Seems good to me. The second lictor nearly ruined Rant's day though. On to the genestealers?
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Genestealers? So that must mean a Broodlord too...

...You're gonna have fun when Rant sees it.

Swarbie

And when Artos sees it. Remember, almost his entire scout company were killed by the damn things during the tyranid invasion of Schindelgheist. Which I'm detailing in my story, Lux Eterna (blatant advertising to gain more interest in own story).
With it, my world
To dust returning