Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Deathwatch Reborn

Started by Necris, September 29, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

An opportunity for Artos to say his good byes then it's onto the dismissial of Rant and the briefing the two new comers will be added in my next post if you want to post them arriving on the ship feel free but don't stray beyond the aft hangar, also your still in chapter colours  ;D
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Swarbie

Artos had said goodbye. I wonder what the others will think he was doing.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Heroka Vendile

ahem... hello

:-\

Yeah so my final semester of university has been hellish and I'd completely forgotten to tell you guys that I didn't have any time for this.
I'm writing that Hunrik has been transferred out of the squad under special orders from high command and will be leaving the ship at the same time as Rants body is collected.

However, I feel confident enough in being able to rejoin the RP with a new character.
As such:

Brother Jopha - Wings of Malice Chapter

Physical Appearance:
The Wings of Malice geneseed uniformly produces marines of alabaster skin tone, bright flame red hair and deep green eyes. Jopha follows this pattern completely, additionally having the chapter symbol of a blue winged sword tattooed on his forehead.
Regular WoM armour is white with blue helmet, shins and shoulder pad edging.

Personality:
Typical of the WoM, Jopha is possessed of unerring faith and a loud bombastic nature. He also harbours a more personal hatred for the Eldar after an incident during his early years as a scout. This is he first attachment to the Deathwatch.

Wings of Malice:
While the chapter follows fairly codex guidelines, the structure of their companies is quite different, as well as each being referred to by its name rather than its number and each varying in actual size.
The chapter can trace its origins to the Raven Guard Legion, and are also proficient in jump pack based warfare. Excelling in lighting strikes from the skies both by jump pack and Thunderhawk.
It has become chapter tradition that before any marine is promoted to Wingman (Veteran), they must complete an attachment to the Deathwatch of at least 5 years.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

And enter D'Nim.

It may take me a little while to get into my stride with him, because I don't often write characters who are both tactless and narrow-minded. (No, there aren't many Monodominants in my collection.)

I'll have to keep my posting over the next few days rather limited, as I have some final preparations to make for the Spring Conclave, but after that we should be good.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Hmmmmm. I like him*. You've managed to get his character set pretty well in the first post as far as I'm concerned.

*Well, not really. He's the kind of character I naturally dislike. Monodominants are not my favourites. I like how you've portrayed him though. Kinda mysterious.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Kallidor

He has a bit of Judge Dread vibe about him. This should be fun.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Koval

Will delay Ingaevon's arrival for a bit to stagger them -- it would be a little too well-timed for both D'Nim and Ingaevon to arrive together.

Necris

Must finish spring conclave minis

grrr or I might just turn up with ole Necris instead of new Necris

anyway next post by me is up quite a long one on my part

next will be our personal mission brief and a bit of boarding torpedo

then onto fighting ork
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Koval

Tony, one small pointer, Ingaevon was already Deathwatch, only transferred from a dissolved kill-team to a bigger one. He's not worn full Blood Raven livery for close to nine years. :P

Kill Team Mahisha ended up with three members during Ingaevon's other appearance, and the kill-team was dissolved after Imrik Mahisha's return to his former Chapter. Ingaevon's ended up here, obviously, and I've not actually considered what happened to Raoul Vertigan but presumably he, like Ingaevon, ended up in another kill-team for the remainder of his term.

I apologise if I didn't make this abundantly clear earlier. :x

EDIT: I've addressed this small oversight in my post; could just be that there was enough black with the Iron Hands around that all you could see was Ingaevon's shoulderguard. Or maybe there was just an Iron Hand in the way so Ingaevon's shoulderguard literally was all you could see.

Swarbie

Thank you for the axe. It is received most gratefully.

And I already dislike the commander of the other team we've been attached to. Tainted stock, my Betcher's Gland.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Yes, if he doesn't watch his mouth he'll end up with a knuckle sandwich à la Ingaevon; contrary to popular belief it is not the Blood Raven way to encourage a battle on an empty stomach. :P

EDIT: Postage; see edit two posts above. I'm allowing for a little expansion into Ingaevon's background, but not an awful lot as some of it will relate to material I've not written yet.

Inquisitor Ranovack

sorry ive havnt posted in a while my computor died. But I m now back

I like the look of Brother Jopha it'll may be interessting having 2 marines from differant Ravens Gaurd offshoots in the kill team.
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Koval

I've built computers before (and blown one up but that wasn't so much me as a dodgy surge bar).

Why should it be interesting, Ranovack? We've had a lot of Imperial Fist successors in here until now and few comments were passed. :x

Inquisitor Ranovack

yes but the 2 chapters seem to have almost identical fighting styles and due to the near loss of geneseed and the way the lions were founded  they have a closer bond to their fellow Ravensgaurd offshoots than most other chapters.
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Koval

Dibs on the Kaptin! I've got a patently *awesome* duel scene already choreographed between a Space Marine and an Ork Boss... being as this is an Ork mission set on a spaceship, it fits perfectly with what I had in mind if I make it Ingaevon rather than a nameless Marine hero. Promise you, you'll love it ('specially if I'm allowed to design Da Kaptin, but it's not essential so long as he has a klaw... 'cos what good pirate kaptin doesn't have a claw?)

Also, no, Ingaevon doesn't need all that crap -- someone can relieve him of the flamer as appropriate, but the rest of the crap sorta ties in with what I wanted to do above.

Pre-empting claims of Ingaevon-related powergaming, he is a Deathwatch veteran of nine years, and he was (still is, actually) in my vampire project*. I'm also playing Awesome Movie Marines to the hilt, both in this and in the vampire project, so expect me to awesomise everyone else's characters too in Ingaevon's scenes.

*I promise, I'll port it over to the Conclave eventually.

Post Scriptum, does anyone here use MSN?

Post Post Scriptum, I'm somehow imagining Ingaevon with Dio's face, just without the (receding) mane of heavy metal hair.