Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Sister Elvana Dawn, Orders Hospitaller (model)

Started by Shard0808, March 23, 2016, 12:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shard0808

So after 18 months... She's finished! Kind of.. A few touches here and there, and the base is pretty tough at the moment, but all in all she's done.

Comments/questions welcome guys, I'd add more to the OP but I'm absolutely shattered! She needed finishing today or I may not get the chance for a week or two. Cheers :)
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Alyster Wick

She looks great, very clean and tidy paintjob. Very fitting for a Sister Hospitaller. The freehand on the scrolls and the left should pad is great. Some closer up pics would be much appreciated as I'm toying with the idea of black armor and I'd love to check out your technique more. It's also hard to tell what's going on with her face given the size of the pics here. What's the base model? I can place a number of the parts but can't tell what the base is.

Regardless, great piece here. Really brings the archetype to life.

Lord Borak

What Alyster said. Great model and great paint job. I need to know what the base model was though as I want to do a similar model :D

mcjomar

Looks fantastic, nice solid colour scheme.
I agree that some face and armour closeups would be nice so we can get a look at the details.

I'm tempted to guess at a finariel conversion but I'm not totally sure on that.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Shard0808

Thanks guys, the original model is Draconia's Xendra miniature, only real changes were the right arm, head, bolt pistol and a few bits added on. She does stand a little taller than my other '54mm' minis but not overly so.
Close ups as requested (the paint job doesnt look quite so good this close in!)

I'm really enjoying the lore surrounding the Sisters and their role within the Imperium.. I'm very tempted to form a new warband with a 'Grey Knight-esque' Ordos Hereticus Inquisitor at its center and Elvana possibly retconned into his retinue. Any 'Daemon Hunter' inquisitor models than you guys could suggest?

*Edit, I mean Ordos Malleus :)
You must gather your party before venturing forth

mcjomar

The bounty hunter generally seems to be very "witch hunter"ey. That's why I used mine anyway.

I like the freehand inquisition symbol on the right shoulder.
Frankly I think your detail painting holds up quite well at this distance.
Maybe the gold writing on the arms could use a look at though.
Everything else looks solid to me.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Heroka Vendile

She looks great, love the fine detailing.
Is the twist at the waist from the original model, or an adjustment? It may just be the photos combined with the way the cloak wraps round, but it does look a little odd.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Van Helser

Fantastic looking model. The narthecium/medical bits on the arm looks to mesh particularly well with a non-40k model. Really helps to tie the miniature together.

Ruaridh