Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Founding: Imperial Fists

Started by greenstuff_gav, August 17, 2014, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, The First Founding Project ground to a halt along with other 54mm projects but found a pair of marine legs without a torso in the bits box so threw together a torso based off a deapool-marine i happened upon

as i debated Imperial Fists as the armour plate reminded me of the Siege-masters i was given some bits from the new Space Wolf Dreadnought...

i don't know which chapter he should be; would we like to see Fists or Wolves?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

Huh, those bits work really well at 54mm scale.
I'm sure you'd do justice to either chapter, but space wolves are always pictured in my mind as mor dynamic, so based on the pose alone I would lean towards Imperial Fists.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

as he's lying down it probably doesn't show, but he's almost as far forward as Artemis :)

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

Ah, yes, I didn't really look at his feet properly.
As you say though, the armour style as things stand is more reminiscent of something the Fists would typically have, but the appropriate embellishments to wolf-ify him are hardly beyond you.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Ancelyn

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Van Helser

I agree with Euan that a more dynamic pose would suit a Space Wolf. I see this one as an Imperial Fist, perhaps with his warhammer held vertical in one hand as some sort of ceremonial weapon as he inspects a new bastion, or perhaps reads the Codex to new recruits from a scroll...

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

thanks guys; good to have some movement in here! :)

i've pulled the legs around rebuilding them into a more stoic pose; i think his armour style is more fitting the sons of Dorn
was thinking maybe hammer held vertically (pommel on the floor), pointing forward as if "You! put that barricade there!" :)
of course, suggestions are welcome!

in the meantime, only 4 more to get!

Build Your Imagination

Van Helser

That pile of Artemis bits reminds me that I really should get round to building the Alpha Legionnaire I've had planned for years...

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

i'm pretty sure i've got the pad made, need the helmet and the inspiration for Alpha Legion!

i've got Blood Angels planned, just need to work out who this Imperial Fist is! :)

here's a mock-up of hte new pose; he's not glued as i'm rebuilding his toes; was always bothered by how Artemis' feet were different sizes!

Build Your Imagination

Kallidor

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on August 25, 2014, 11:13:26 AMArtemis' feet were different sizes!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who fussed over that!!

I used a spare right foot to correct mine but might I suggest a Green Stuff press mould of the right toes? That would give you a perfect left toe to match the other; probably won't get the tread but then it really doesn't matter.

I like what you're doing with the chest plate and the helmet looks pretty nifty too.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

greenstuff_gav

so, financial difficulties have sapped my motivation and attention but here's where we stand:

the head is blu-tacced in place; it'll need the neck for casting, his will be cut to fit the collar!

im debating the pose; two of the three loyal marines i've got are in stoic, non-combat poses so was thinking of something different for this guy (who i've still not begun to think of background for, an integral part of the Project!)
here's a few options; what do we think?

i've got a pressmould of artemis' foot in place at the moment, will let you know how it works out!

Build Your Imagination

Kallidor

The hammer on shoulder pose works for me  ;D

The only thing I might change is the disc of Green Stuff beneath the Fists Symbol, it looks a little thick; not that I have much room to talk, all of my Chapter symbols end up huge but I guess that's what I notice these things!!
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Alyster Wick

I'll second the hammer on the shoulder pose. It's intimidating and versatile, could be striding through the battlefield or be sending a message walking into a meeting.

seaglen

Yes the hammer over the shoulder looks most natural and imposing.
Looking great though - how are you planning in painting him?

Van Helser

I will chip in that either the 3rd or 4th poses look the best.

Ruaridh