Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Terrain Project!

Started by Alyster Wick, May 23, 2014, 03:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

That table looks great. Amazing how a couple of bits and spot of paint can bring polystyrene blocks together like that. Bet you can't wait to get a couple of games going.

Would you be happy for me to link to this thread on The Carthaxian Inquisitor's facebook and twitter pages? I think this is exactly the kind of thing that will show Inquisitor is alive and well and desirable to play!

Ruaridh

seaglen

I think it looks great!
Simple and effective way of creating a nice looking playing table.

Adding a bit of paint really helps bring the game to life and gives it a bit of atmosphere.

Alyster Wick

Quote from: Van Helser on August 23, 2014, 10:51:01 AM
That table looks great. Amazing how a couple of bits and spot of paint can bring polystyrene blocks together like that. Bet you can't wait to get a couple of games going.

Would you be happy for me to link to this thread on The Carthaxian Inquisitor's facebook and twitter pages? I think this is exactly the kind of thing that will show Inquisitor is alive and well and desirable to play!

Ruaridh

Absolutely, happy to be of help.

As for games, I've been going with the "if you build it, the will come" mindset, so no immediate plans but now that I have about a dozen fully painted minis and a proper board hopefully that'll be upon us soon.

But in the name of progress, up next for phase 2 is:

- Scatter Terrain
- Finishing the last 7 sections of "hallway" and 3 "storage containers"
- Building a couple bigger and more distinct pieces

Alyster Wick

Got some of the "more distinct" pieces (though not necessarily that much bigger) plus the beginning of the scatter terrain. Up on the work bench next is the entirety of the scatter terrain!

Mechanicus Shrine!

(not Chinese food) Containers!

Terrain laying around!

Alyster Wick

Okay, so I'm officially going on terrain hiatus (got two models nearly painted up and three more undercoated and ready to rock). But before I do, here's the scatter terrain and final sections of hallway/containers/whatever. Lots of these pieces aren't 100% done but I'd consider them table-ready (for instance, I'm working on and painting gubbins for the hall sections separately from the sections themselves, as the spray painting made it a pain to have the gubbins be distinct).

Anyway, enough chatter, pictures is what we're all here for!

Group shot of the last pieces:

My final round of terrain arranged into a small mock-board:

I will say this, while I am personally done building terrain for the foreseeable future, I promise to post pics once I get a full game together. But as far as the building, you can consider this log done! (though I will be back...)

Van Helser

Old medicine bottles? They look great painted up!

Ruaridh

Alyster Wick

Quote from: Van Helser on September 09, 2014, 03:39:41 PM
Old medicine bottles? They look great painted up!

Ruaridh

Thanks! And yes, but there's more! The scatter terrain is a combination of medicine, vitamin, and 5 hour energy bottles. Oh, and a small pepper shaker. Some I added bits and bobs onto, others were more or less untouched.